Free Petrol for dirty cars....!>!>!

simch

Reaction score
Well sort of!!

Esso station in town is doing a "promotion" for its car wash. Sign in the shop and big blue badges on lapels of staff say " free gold car wash if you're not offered one!" This means that they have to offer you a car wash or you get one free!

Standing in the queue on first visit, I witnessed the monotone stock line being fed to the silent customers so decided to get a free car wash, (missus rover was filthy) I needed to "distract her" to throw her off. So I pretended I may not have enough cash, saying, "oh no, what a plank i am I was watchingthe litres thinking it was the £!! How much is it, love, I am not sure if I hav e enough.....!" whilst holding a few notes and coins out. You can add a throw away chirpy line when you "just" about have enoguh cash like "oooh, thought i was going to have to clear the penny pot!".....
The nice old dear workingthere are so relived that you can pay, they totally forget to ask about the car wash and subcoinciously they know you haven't got enough cahs for one anyway.......!!! (BRILLIANT HUH!)

So I say thansk, turn away, then turn back and say....uh, what about the car wash.......! He face dropped and you put your reg on a form and they gove you a £6.99 gold wash FOC!

So first time I did it last week, I spent £11 on petrol and got a £6.99 wash that the car needed.! !

Today, I went in as I was passing, and thougth "I wonder!?" Put a fiver in only, exactly the same technique, and bobs your uncle! Although I milked it and added to the dramatic effect by actually walkign to the door before delivering the "line!".

As I filled out the form, I saw the same reg on the same sheet, (I was again in the missus nice clean rover!) and then the guy above me had a big note in the margin written saying "this guy has had 3 free washes, please look out for him!).
So maybe I am a marked man!

Anyway this free wash is valid for 7 days so I need to get one of the older cars grubby this week and then have it FOC washed next weekend!

I dont take the audi into car washed but the mk4 and rover go through them if they are good. Have to say it did a nice job!

So try it, if you have a dirty car, go stick £6.50 of gas in, get the free wash and you have a nice lean car and have made 49p too!!

I did feel a bit guilty as the nice old dears fell hook line and sinker! !

...the car wash is good for dirty rover and pugs nought else...

.......fine for company cars too......
or rental cars......

or your mums!

If I dont have a suitable dirty car I'd trust in the wash, I'll just go and set it off empty to use the token up! !!

It's actually pretty good as far as car washes go, it does nto have brushes, they are like vyleda mop microfirbe "brushes" about 2cm wide each bristle.
The free gold wash does a soap soak first, then rinses, then wets again and amkes 4 complete passes before the brushes start up. It did not clean the wheels too well, but the body came up very well!

It's just nice to get something for nothing from the garages. Although they are not responsible for the high fuel prices directly, they do turn a decent profit, and alwyas seem to hike the prices at budget time immediately, but when the oil price dropped to 83 dollars a barrel in Oct 07, (lowest in 11 months) strangely enough the fuel price stayed static..........hmmmmmmm!