Chris NottVolks Autos
    5th Gear

Status

Interesting revo/non-revo day

Hi,
    Took my car down to get revo'd today,but they had a problem uploading the code to my s3 after many e-mails/phone calls they decided to check whether the car was running standard as it seemed as thought something had been tinkered with.They took it for a test drive with a boost guage fitted and they saw 1.1 bar peak.Apparently the early s3 is meant to run 0.9 bar.As some of you may know the car is a ex audi press car back in 1999 and featured in a few different articles(auto express etc).The ecu doesn't seem to be have been tampered with.The tuner thought that it felt just as quick as his leon cupra r which is 2wd and has a revo re-map.So i decided to let them rolling road it just to see what it was putting out and whether it had been tweaked by audi.Results were 244bhp@5483rpm and 243lb/t@3362(same from 2750-5500).....seems like audi decided there press car needed a bit of fizz.Anyway it's nice to know i'm driving the fastest "standard" s3(except for my diy samco intake).regards Ryan
    p.s forgot to mention that the car made 1 bar on the dyno/1.1 on the road.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: Interesting revo/non-revo day

It probably wasn't tweaked by Audi but is probably a bit looser due to it being a press car and ragged from it's early days. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Senior

Status

Ryan did you take your car to Revo in Daventry?

1st Gear

Status

Different N75?, Interestingly I am running an N75H on an otherwise standard S3 and typically see between 1.1 and 1.2 bar peek boosts.

regards

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    as proven when they were caught out with a skoda recently

[/ QUOTE ]

believe it or not I've actually seen octavias come from the factory with the wrong engine let along just tweaked. Reckon at the factory they just have a big pile of engines and choose one at random when knocking the cars together! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

barry have you ever seen a standard 210 s3 make those sort of figures at star?The car made 1 bar on the dyno@3000rpm and 14.28psi(just under 1 bar) at peak power@5500rpm.I thought that chipped cars normally had a alot higher boost,ie apr 1.4bar revo 1.4bar oettinger 1.5+ bar.The guys at owens said it seemed like the car had been chipped,does anyone know if audi had a partner tuner when the s3 came out?

5th Gear

Status

Does the n75 valve have the part number stamped on?What part number should be on my standard 210 s3?

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Interesting revo/non-revo day /amd rr

5th Gear

Status

1 hours rr session at owens,which includes a few runs to take a average is approx 90,my power run(one) at amd cost 30 but that was a rr day.Other well known dynos include g-force and nobles.ryan

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ryanc said:
    alot of there main business is with race team who are only interested in "real"figures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im only insterested in real figures. Whats the point in bigging up your power figures?! cos its all talk...nothing else. Out of interest Ryan, how much did Owen charge you?

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ryanc said:
    alot of there main business is with race team who are only interested in "real"figures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im only insterested in real figures. Whats the point in bigging up your power figures?! cos its all talk...nothing else. Out of interest Ryan, how much did Owen charge you?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly thats why I want a second opinion so to speak

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    James M said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ryanc said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly thats why I want a second opinion so to speak

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we could arrange a rolling road day at Owen!?

Rich

1st Gear

Status

now thats sounds like an excellent idea [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    James M said:
    now thats sounds like an excellent idea [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I live like 10 minutes away from them, so for me, would be an excellent location. And if they are really good, then i reckon it would be worth it.

Rich

...Watching you!

Status

I've emailed them asking if this would be possible. If so, i will organise a date, and then arrange the meet! the more people the better.. reckon about 15 cars maybe.

Rich

5th Gear

Status

hi guys,
    Sorry to say that owens don't do dyno days,mainly because they don't open on saturdays and that they are always v.v.busy.Every time i have gone there it's been about a month before i can get in ,especially in race season.The guy you want to talk to is dino,he's the performance co-ordinater(mention my name,Ryan).Mark runs the dyno and tuning side and has a excellent reputation in racing circles.They mainly reccommend revo for mild tune applications but are full motec dealers and can take it as far as you want it,i'm sure last time i went they were talking about a turbo kit for the 1.8t.As a alternative there's always nobles and g-force who both have excellent reputations and do dyno days which would prove cheaper,regards Ryan

5th Gear

Status

geforce although the poodles plums have trouble with haldex's and cant run them yet. They have to fine tune and perfect their anchoring to suit.

5th Gear

Status

I really can't see any reason why g-force can't run haldex equipped cars,i was talking to dino from owens about this and he couldn't see any reason why they can't.John Nobles in chesterfield has a good reputation,but i guess alot of you are south?regards Ryan