xenons gone dull

mattys3

vorsprung durch technik
Reaction score
alright lads i have just bin to meet my cousin in a car park and he as just got a 99 s3. and when driving in i looked at his xenons and they looked really nice so i got out of my car and looked at mine and one is really dull and the other one is ****** yellow ish whats going on here then i dont really no much about xenons like so any help would be brill cheers lads matt. mines a 2000 S3.

a set of new bulbs would help, get some 6000k D2S HID bulbs off ebay, they're only cheap, that should help

are they about £45. is there out you can do with the fog lights to make the colour blend in abit better. cheers john

they are cheaper than that, about £25 maybe, I got mine off a forum member brand new for £14! I fitted Philips Blue Vision H7's to the fogs and main beam, made it a bit whiter, but not much

i got my misus some 6000k HID's and they look too blue IMO, im sticking to the standards i reckon

I've got 6000k's in my A4 and they are a little too blue as well, I replaced the D2S xenon bulbs in my S3 and R32 with 5000k bulbs. 5000k is the best compromise between looks and light. It's pure white and has a lot of useable light compared to 6000k which may appear brighter but in fact produce more glare. Get yourself a set of 5000k D2S bulbs and you'll be good to go.

i want to change hers now but you have to buy a fully wired up bulb set which is almost half the price of the HID kit....stupid

Tim, has she already got xenons on the car from the factory? If so, all you need is a set of D2S bulbs which have no wiring, and only the bulbs will need changing.