How to fit S3 chrome mirror caps

sharma

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just brought a set of Inpro chrome mirro caps for my A3. I was wondering how easy it is to fit the mirror caps as i am planning on putting them on later this week. Does anyone have a fitting guide or do the old caps just prise of and the new ones just clip on?

Thanks.

If you take the glass out, you will find all the screws you need to take off behind it.

Slightly OT - Is this the same for the proper aluminium casings or do you have to replace the whole wing mirror unit?

ICE

Remove the glass and then you see the screws. ...., easy from then on

.......Then take anything you own with even the slightest bit of class/style, collect it together and put it in your wheely bin.....it's pointelss having it now you have those dreadful mirror covers!! Sorry, but they are gash!

Well said simch.

Theres a black 1.6 at work, with 18'' plug hole wheels (A8) badboy super dark tints, and awful chrome Inpro mirror covers.

Looks rediculous.

InPro mirror covers dont fit properly and you can tell they're cheap plastic tat a mile off..

Tried to fit some on my old S3, the fit was horrendous and they looked *****, they went straight back to germany for a refund!

Dunno what all this unscrewing is about... Ive always just pushed them up and theyve slid off

Save your pennies and have the proper ones. You can find some on ebay for £150-200. If you want them, have the proper ones!

Everyone has their own opinion and i would prefer it if the mirror covers had a matt finish rather than the chrome/mirror finish but i can't seem to find them for the old 8L shape. The matt ones are on the new 8P S3's.

With regards to the inpro ones, i have seen a picture of them side by side with the genuine S3 ones and could not notice much difference.

This might be a stupid question but i have not done it before, so how easy is it to remove the glass?

I Believe you just pull the glass out and the screws are behind there.

Im going to be painting my Mirrors gloss/matt black shortly to go with my whole Silver on black theme.

J

Wow, sorry mate i just googled them, they will look cack.