Tranction control light and ABS light

S90GAV

Reaction score
these have both came on at the same to time when i was driving, had a look in the nad book but didnt say anything. tunr the engine off and on and it dissapears but come back a whilke later.

does anyone know wut it means?

check brake like switch and brake bulbs. common porblem

I have exactly the same issue - Got myself VagCom which says it's the rear right ABS sensor - Which I spent an hour trying to remove this afternoon - It's a 5mm Allen Key head which is supposed to tightened to 8nm, but I can't shift it. Gave it a liberal spray of WD40 and left it for later :-( Anyone else had to replace one, and if so, how did you get it out!

had it on vagcom, but no faults has come up.

I don't know if this is the same sort of thing but a couple of times on mine if i put my foot down trough the gears the traction light has come on and stayed on till i turn the car off and start it again, anyone know what this is?? I'm not talking about 1st or 2nd gear either i comes on randomly in 5th or 6th....

i had this on my 2000 s3 (abs and traction light) came on as and when it wanted to for no reason.on mine it was the longitudual g-force sensor up the wall.to get to it take out the glove box and its just a realay up in the top left corner (near the airvent) cost me 110pound for a new one tho!
hope this helps

i had this happen and it was a speed sensor. and it showed up on vagcom on mine.

I also have this fault. diagnostics said it was the longitudinal sensor. There are two sensors that show as this fault, one is the longditudinal the other is the lateral.
One behind the glove box as has perviously been said. The other I believe is in the steering column.
Sadly they both show up as the same fault so you can't tell which one is the faulty one.

Anyway, like I said i've had both of them replaced. I still have the lights coming on tho. Totally at random, they come on and stay on. They clear once the engine is switch off and on.

It's very annoying to have these lights coming on and no clear answer.

I've had the car checked for faults again but nothing comes up. (it was checked when the lights were off)

My next line of thought was to get the garage to check the abs sensors when it's in for it's next service, could end up spending large sums on labour chasing this fault.

did u check what i said?.

as this happened to me and all i needed to do was reseat the bulbs correctly...

checked brake fluid and bulbs but problems is still there. does anyone have the part number for the longditudinal and lateral part?

will it cause any longterm problems to drive with the lights on?

mine has same problem. was the abs module. and a big bill £££

ive had a error code on vacom with longditudinal

just ordered a longditudinal sensor fro my local audi. was £113.40 incl VAT

just fitted this about an hour ago. fitting went ok, apart from dropping the nut for the bracket haha