S3 Full Beam Alignment/direction?!

Wernlas

Reaction score
Hi folks, my first post as I bought my 2001 S3 on Wednesday.

I've noticed my offside Full Beam seems to point off very high!
If i'm driving along I tend to be lighting up the tree tops on the other side of the road, is anyone elses like that?

Main beam is perfect and as I had it serviced by Audi Thursday I asked them to check the lights anyway, they came back saying it needed adjusting and they'd done that but it still seems wrong to me.
I don't think they made much adjustment at all as main beam was fine before it went in.
I assume you can't adjust the full beam independent of the main beam though?! or can you?

I was going to go back to Audi to say it's still not right but thought i'd check if that's the norm.
Even parked on the drive 6 foot from a fence panel I stick on full beam and you can see the beam is a good 6 inches higher on the drivers side than the passenger side.

The two beams are not independently adjustable as far as i know mate. The headlamp has two adjusters on it, one for vertical and one for horizontal allignment, these adjustments effect both dipped and main beam.

Cheers Steve, that's what I thought.
Hmmm maybe that's just the way it is then, I had an A3 Turbo previously and the lights were fine but it was pre-facelift with the integral Fog lights so bit of a different setup.