Latest Reg for 8L Chassis S3

Busby

Reaction score
Am thinking of trying to find a mint, late reg S3. What was the last registration\ year for an 8L S3? It seems to be a 2004, 53 plate. Are there any 04 or 54 platers? If anyone's got a genuine minty McMint Dolphin Grey 04\ 54 plater with sub 40k miles, I may be interested....

I've currently got an 02 plate Ebony black S3 at the mo and want to get a newer one until the 8P chassis ones come down to sub £20k....(a few years methinks!)

erm, 53 is the best you'll get unless theres been a bummer sat in the shipping yard because nobody wanted it...in which case id stay clear

OK cheers. Know what you mean about cars that are late registered because they were sat on an airfield somewhere, unsold. Can't imagine there were any S3s that sat around as they were the end of the production run.... So I guess the latest will be a 53 plate, unless anyone knows more....?

Later ones could be eligible for the lovely new tax prices, so check that first before you buy mate!!
Or you could be paying good-old Mr Brown more than you need to

ash it wont make adifference all after march 2001 are subject to the same tax unless they are brand new

You can get an 04 but they are very very thin on the ground!!

I know there were some 04 platers.

but when were they made Simch? i was under the impression that the 53's were the tail end of the production, ordered prior to the 53 reg

The last one's were made Pre oct 2003 the 04's and one or two 54's i have seen are just none registered ones brought late. Mine was a late 2003 S3.

so it will have storage syndrome....due to either a crap spec or just luck of the draw due to non advertising