S3 Xenon light rating

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Hellloooo

Can anyone shed some light (excuse the pun) on what rating the xenon bulbs are on a standard S3, and also has anyone changed theirs and if so, to what rating.

Thanks
Nilz

By rating I assume you mean colour temperature and in that case they're 4300k, which is what most OEM applications are. I changed mine to 5000k which is closer to the colour of sunlight as the originals were looking tired and yellow. Looked a lot better and £35 delivered for a set of bulbs in D2S xenon fitment is good value.

Thats the one golf...lol...have you got any pics, also where did you get the bulbs from??

Mine look ok, however i was just asking to see what options are available.

Thanks

I got the bulbs from Aceparts.com. I've got some pics but you can't really see the light properly on a normal camera, there's just a lot of glare.

I would recommend upgrading to 5000k looks a lot better with no hint of yellow and very little loss of useable light from 4300k. Bit of a nightmare to fit the bulbs though.

i had to take battery out to get my the back off the headlight....the other side was just an **** but not as much as the other

i put 6000k in my headlights and fogs, good upgrade IMO :thumbsup:

Pic....

08032008035.jpg

Cheers for that Golf, will look into it.

Dan, once again that looks really good, what lights have you put in the fogs, are they H7s or actual xenons??

they are xenons (H7) in fogs to match colour of headlamps. thanks for comment :icon_thumright:

Soz for being a div, but do you mean xenons with the balasts and everything, or just "xenon looking bulbs"

was that easy to do? any probs with bulb monitoring? it must make your light output very good!!!

Good stuff, looks really good, i was just going to swap the ones in the fogs for some white H7s that i have got, to be honest tho, the ones that i have are very good, as i had quite a few people ask if they were xenons, when they were just the normal ones.

I'll see if i can get round to it, is it fairly easy to swap the bulbs in the fogs??