The ultimate TDI mod

clcollins

Reaction score
Well not really, and i'm sure it's been done before, but here you go.

Took off the original TD <font color="red"> I </font> <font color="black"> badge </font>

Got rid of the remaining sticky stuff with evo stick adhesive cleaner, Gave the area a wash, and went over it with some Turtle Wax Colour Magic, and final polish. Cut back the plactic on the face of the new badge, kept it on the plastic so it would be set out equally, removed the paper backing and stuck it on.

Final thing, take off the plastic, clean off any remaining sticky from the plastic (don't use evo stick adhesive remove for this as it will start to take of the red colour), quick wipe over with a clean cloth and there you go.

I know the type face is not the same as Audi's, but I think it looks good, what do you think?

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
bit loud...and in ya face..

[/ QUOTE ]

But if his cars got more bite than a pool of piranahs then it looks good but totally agree if its a standard TDI Q.
Well thats like, my opinion, man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Alonzo said:
[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
bit loud...and in ya face..

[/ QUOTE ]

But if his cars got more bite than a pool of piranahs then it looks good but totally agree if its a standard TDI Q.
Well thats like, my opinion, man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Audi's because they are conservative and are the perfect Q car, do you think I would stick on the badge for pure cosmetic reasons? I'm shocked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, that would make me no better than one of those Max Power idiots running around in a 1.4 Saxo etc with a load of mental body bits slapped on it, all (crap) style over substance.

Curently I have dual ECU map from Star perfomance, I can switch between standard and modified with a little box of tricks plugged into the serial port. Coming next week is a set of 18" RS4 alloys and a Neuspeed short shift. In the very near future I'm fitting a R32 rear anti-roll bar, and S3/TT front anti-roll setup, auto folding side mirrors and an S3 interior. Oh yeah and then there's re-fitting (from my last A3) my Becker Traffic Pro CD/Sat-Nav, an MP3 player (albeit an old M Station), what do you think, is that enough?

I agree close up the badge could be described as in your face, but from a few steps back it looks smart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
HAHA you just soiled your car with a VW badge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooo that cuts deep, especially from someone with a FORD f-ing FIESTA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif on their logo.

It looks fine to me, and why the hell not do it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

But I would always say you should have the walk to back up the talk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And for me I prefer the understated look, as my car shows, nothing abnormal, could be a tractor or anything, and across here they don't expect 1.8T's very much, so they never stand much of a chance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

what do you think, is that enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that just about qualifies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My previous point was highlighting that the badge stands out a hell of a lot more than before meaning to both boy racers and thieves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

But as for the look i like it (may even get it done myself)
Where'd you get the badges from dude?

You can get the badge from a VW garage or VAG parts under part number 1J0853675K (Red TDI inscription).
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
clcollins said:
I agree close up the badge could be described as in your face, but from a few steps back it looks smart

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think a full rear shot is required to better show the effect....

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
You can get the badge from a VW garage or VAG parts under part number 1J0853675K (Red TDI inscription).
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for that mate, and i second that for a full rear photo of the ULTIMATE TDI Q.
Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
clcollins said:
I agree close up the badge could be described as in your face, but from a few steps back it looks smart

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think a full rear shot is required to better show the effect....

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif WHAT you want a picture of my full rear!