Samco hose fitted

Ryanc

Reaction score
Hi, managed to adapt the samco hose to fit my early 99 s3.
basically the dv and feed for the charcoal cannister fit no problem,the dv is slightly more to one side and the charcoal cannister feed is slightly higher up but no major fitment issues.The n75 valve has the feed on the other side to the samco.The wire to the sensor is not long enough to t directly back into the samco so i bought a 30cm length of 6mm internal diameter pipe and metal joining piece so that it could be connected into the correct position.Seems to run fine ,although i'm not sure what difference it makes as the n75 is 30cm away rather than connected to the intake.But it's still in-line with the actuator so i don't think it will make much of a difference.The pcv(crankcase breather) is also in a different position,alot lower than my early stock intake pipe also the diameter of the stock valve is a bit larger .I required a 30cm(probably 40/45 would be better) length of 19/20mm internal diameter and associated new jubilee clips to link to the original breather pipe,i also couldn't find any pipe joiners large enough for the job ,so i got some 20mm copper plumbing pipe and jubilee clips.Make sure you get the valve into the samco before you connect it up and it requires a bit of elbow greese and wd40.I'll post some pictures tommorrow so you can see what i've done.I may purchase the correct pcv pipe and valve if i can find the part numbers as this would be a slightly better solution but it all works fine so i'm happy,revo on monday!!!regards Ryan

Ryan - Pics would be good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mine goes into my mates garage on Monday to have all of my goodies fitted.

Samco's
MTM Paddle clutch
New DM Flywheel
Adjustable tiebars
Brembo Kit

Hopefully should feel like a new car when I get it back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

R88per, the new fly wheel you are fitting, what gains will you get from that mod? Certainly going for it man! As they say in Scotland, On yer sel big maun!

Ive had the remap done, but I need to get this hose now.. finding the car a bit laggy... I hear it improves things alot, cant wait to fit it!

[ QUOTE ]
ScotSTHREE said:
R88per, the new fly wheel you are fitting, what gains will you get from that mod? Certainly going for it man! As they say in Scotland, On yer sel big maun!

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is lightened, then it will allow the engine to spin up faster.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Golf Bygone said:
I'm wondering whether I should get a (Samco) hose fitted. My hose blew off twice when I was driving to Amsterdam on Friday - not fun when you're doing 130mph and suddenly the power goes and you have to make it across two crazy Dutch motorway lanes full of stoned psychotic truckers. The jubilee clip had loosened and needed re-tightening. I should have upgraded the hose when I got the car chipped I guess. Had to take it reasonably easy on the way back to Blighty, stayed in sixth most of the journey.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even a Samco hose would have blown off if the jubilee clip wasn't tight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I ordered my Samco Pipe and Hose clamps moments ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm already on APR DPP and have been for some time, I'll let you know my impressions with I also fit a new DV

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif