Volks AutosSky Insurance

Thread: sidelight bulbs

6th Gear

Status

sidelight bulbs

mental note to myself - dont change bulbs in the pouring rain. I had a sidelight bulb out so I replaced both of them with the White quad LEDs (Drill, is that type you got except in blue?) - looks good with the Xenons, more white looking. Noticed now that there is a bit of light condensation in one of the headlights [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] Will need to get it sorted next dry day (in Scotland???)

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: sidelight bulbs

Ewan,

I've just fitted some similar versions to mine, and they are a bit blue I've found, so am just waiting to be pulled over. I received two versions for 'testing', the ones shown above and also some frosted single bulb versions.

I managed to get these for testing from my contacts at Ring along with many other LED bulbs....and more on the way, so will post up some pics of the different bulbs fitted to my car.

They did have a 'police' look to them last night [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img]

And as stated these bulbs are NOT LEGAL for road use! So you have been warned.

5th Gear

Status

P.S. Don't give up your day job...your photo's crap [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

hey, you mean I'm not the next David Bailey? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I didnt think they were bright enough to dazzle, I'll need to check if they do. I'd take them out of they do, people hate the Xenons bad enough.

6th Gear

Status

ok, they are crap but its my Nokia 6600 not a real camera [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

Both on. To be honest, I haven't been out with them at night yet so I'll check them out Gambba, as said by Steve Bushemi in Fargo, "I want to be complient Officer". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]