JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Certified Jardo Slayer

Status

Unhappy Gutted not even had it a month Update time not good

Hi all, left the house this morning not even 5 minutes away when chap in Mondeo pulls out of side road, straight into rear passenger side of my beloved S3 i'm so gutted. Damage to door rear quater and alloy wheel not sure what else could be damaged internal or underneath.

Here are some pics.

Last edited by rhubarb4; 3rd May 2008 at 00:31.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Red S3's are being targeted these past few weeks!

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Oh and here is the damage to his car

Lovely Sunshine

Status
    not nice ****in idoit mondeo driver!!!! doesn't look to bad mate soon be back to normal.
    chips remap, milltek exhaust, eibach springs, bailey dv, neuspeed tie-bars, BBS LMs, 15mm eibach spacers, lcr front splitter

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Cheers mate I hope so just going to be miserable till its back lol wonder if i can get Audi to repair it could ask them for a 8P S3 curtesy car lol

5th Gear

Status
    On the plus side, at least it's a relatively new mondeo, so he will almost certainly have insurance to pay for it.

Hope he was very apologetic. I had to test my ABS on Sunday when a tw*t in a metro pulled out in front of me near Oxford!! The standard brakes are rather good aren't they.

Just make sure it goes to a good bodyshop. It'll look as good as new when it comes back.

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    Is that his side window smashed after the bump, or just frosted up?

If its frosted up, some serious visibility issues there...
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

6th Gear

Status
    It looks in that photo like the mondeo drivers window is frosted up still........you should keep that one for evidence as come June when they are settling this they will forget that it was frosty on 15thApril!!

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by simch View Post
    It looks in that photo like the mondeo drivers window is frosted up still........you should keep that one for evidence as come June when they are settling this they will forget that it was frosty on 15thApril!!
    Hi mate yeah it was frosted up I told that to the insurance company told them I have a photo of it. My insurance are going to give me a hire car till its sorted. The bodyshop is one through the insurance so I hope they make a good job of it.

Aky
    Aky

Status
    Good luck getting it sorted mate. Good to see you've taken some pics to give to the insurance company. Make sure you get a decent job done. You can insist in it going to Audi rather than these cowboy contractors. When someone in a TT crashed into my dad's BMW he had to take it to a Ford garage to get it repaired and they did a **** job, had to go back 5 times!

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    Sorry to see this. Red S3 too! Love the red ones.

Just remember, you are within your rights to refuse the work if it is not up to scratch. Make sure you inspect the vehicle before leaving and have someone from the bodyshop with you at the time.

Neutral

Status
    unlucky m8. it doesnt look too bad, think your only looking at panel damage so should be in out of the body shop in no time !

im in the same boat as you..my red s3 got smashed into last monday morning by a ford fez-bomb....do think there is a conspiricy on the ford forums ? lol.

i just got the nod from the insurance company to repair so it will be back soon...untill then ill keep on killing the corsa they gave me !

hope it gets sorted for you soone dude, keep us posted

dom

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    Gutted for you mate, hope all goes well with getting it repaired
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aky View Post
    Good luck getting it sorted mate. Good to see you've taken some pics to give to the insurance company. Make sure you get a decent job done. You can insist in it going to Audi rather than these cowboy contractors. When someone in a TT crashed into my dad's BMW he had to take it to a Ford garage to get it repaired and they did a **** job, had to go back 5 times!
    Hi all, great news I went to Audi yesterday as I have the old problem of paint bubbling on the roof edges.They agreed the claim and they sent me to there approved bodyshop Shorade, which only deals with Porshe Audi and Mercs (some very nice cars there alot of RS4's). So as Aky said I went there this morning and asked them if I could have the new damage fixed by them as they seem very professional. They were amazingly helpful told me I would have a complete new door and rear quarter they have even sorted my claim out with there own insurance company Accident Exchange. Now there dealing with my claim and the way they work is, they give you a like for like swap till my car is fixed so they told me i would get a S3. Unfortunatly they dont have any this week so there giving me a 57 Plate Audi S4 . The other chap has admitted full liabillity so i'm happier now.

dolphin grey s3 2000

Status
    soz mate,fkin got to be a rep in that rep mobile eh hate um they as bad a bus drivers
    good luck with the repairs hope your back on the road soon.
    just look forward to the ford ka courtesy car you can trash the ******** off before you get your pride & joy back!!
    yeah baby
    Dolphin grey s3 facelift ,AMK, cc with rs4s (& apparently still cant beat a bloody clio )

dolphin grey s3 2000

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rhubarb4 View Post
    Hi all, great news I went to Audi yesterday as I have the old problem of paint bubbling on the roof edges.They agreed the claim and they sent me to there approved bodyshop Shorade, which only deals with Porshe Audi and Mercs (some very nice cars there alot of RS4's). So as Aky said I went there this morning and asked them if I could have the new damage fixed by them as they seem very professional. They were amazingly helpful told me I would have a complete new door and rear quarter they have even sorted my claim out with there own insurance company Accident Exchange. Now there dealing with my claim and the way they work is, they give you a like for like swap till my car is fixed so they told me i would get a S3. Unfortunatly they dont have any this week so there giving me a 57 Plate Audi S4 . The other chap has admitted full liabillity so i'm happier now.
    fair play dude just abit quicker than the ford ka then "NOT"
    yeah baby
    Dolphin grey s3 facelift ,AMK, cc with rs4s (& apparently still cant beat a bloody clio )

Neutral

Status
    I hate idiots who pull out of side roads/junctions without looking that, but if its any consolation I have the same alloy wheels on my s3 make it look a bit different from all the bog standard s3s.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Mate

I was going to say im gutted for you, but not now you getting an S4!! LOL....no seriously, hope it all goes ok, out of interest, which Audi Garage did you go to, to get it sorted, was it the Solihull one??

Let us know how it goes, fingers crossed for ya!!

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Mate

I was going to say im gutted for you, but not now you getting an S4!! LOL....no seriously, hope it all goes ok, out of interest, which Audi Garage did you go to, to get it sorted, was it the Solihull one??

Let us know how it goes, fingers crossed for ya!!
    Hi mate, it was the Sutton Coldfield Audi garage they were very helpful.
    Tiger yeah i agree I really like the wheels like you say they are different to all the usual type they were on the car when i bought it only down side is there 19 inch so tyres wont be cheap lol

Status
    Good stuff, glad you getting it sorted then, hopefully it will be back to its gleaming self before you know it.

jbw
    1st Gear

Status
    Tis harsh. Glad you've got it sorted... and the S4 as a courtesy car? WTF!?!? My car has just suffered at the hands of a clio driver and I'm lumbered with a Ford Fiesta. I'd thrash it if I wasn't so worried about it going up in smoke.

The liable party's insurer wasn't interested when I told them I wanted my car sorted by Audi.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 1.8T Quattro, Denim Blue, Full Black Leather, TT Alloys... otherwise unmolested!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbw View Post
    Tis harsh. Glad you've got it sorted... and the S4 as a courtesy car? WTF!?!? My car has just suffered at the hands of a clio driver and I'm lumbered with a Ford Fiesta. I'd thrash it if I wasn't so worried about it going up in smoke.

The liable party's insurer wasn't interested when I told them I wanted my car sorted by Audi.
    In that case call your insurer and tell them your concerns, and they will hopefully do the rest...

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

jbw
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by alijames View Post
    In that case call your insurer and tell them your concerns, and they will hopefully do the rest...

Cheers,
    Have I been foolish? His insurer phoned up first thing and was so helpful. It wasn't until they took it that it suddenley dawned on me I had no idea where it was going.

Apparently it's now with these chaps.
    A3 1.8T Quattro, Denim Blue, Full Black Leather, TT Alloys... otherwise unmolested!

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by alijames View Post

Cheers,
    Well chaps the man from Accident Exchange has just dropped off my curtesy car shiney silver 4.2 V8 S4 with paddle shift gears and very nice it is too

jbw
    1st Gear

Status
    Well chaps the man from Accident Exchange has just dropped off my curtesy car shiney silver 4.2 V8 S4 with paddle shift gears and very nice it is too
    *******o! Can we swap?

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Errrrrrrrrr Hmmmmmmmmmm No lol

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Just been out and about in the S4 wow its an awsome machine the engine sounds amazing. Had a little play with the sport mode lol pins you in the seat im very happy with my curtesy car lol

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    sorry to see that mate...mind you...I got a like for like and ended up with an Stronic Passat 2.0...Had it for 3 weeks and all i needed was a new bumper..Good luck!
    Turbo Sport, Auto (I know!), A lot of 's -and rising [latest add: Recon'd. tranny] sunk in her since Aug. 07...

3rd Gear

Status
    PICS PICS PICS
    2006 - A4 - 1997 1.8T 20VS, Full Black Recaro Leathers, Concert, Climate Control, Facelifted, Remus, Front armrest! - Sold
    2007 - A3 20vs -bridge gap motor....
    2008 - Think its time for the Civic Type R.
    2009 - Screw a Type R. Got a VR6 instead (missed even now)
    2011 - Focus St170. < what was i thinking...
    2012 - Lateee 8L S3 with EVERY extra....Broken...other asn members enjoying my parts!
    NOW! - B5 S4 Avant - 2.7 Twin Turbo POWWEERR! WWOOOOOSSSHHH!

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibzzzzz View Post
    PICS PICS PICS
    will take some in the morning mate

Status
    Cmon its not late and the flash will make the pics look good, i cant believe you got an S4!!!

Lucky bugger!!! (if you know what i mean)

How long have they said before your car is sorted??

dolphin grey s3 2000

Status
    Just been out and about in the S4 wow its an awsome machine the engine sounds amazing. Had a little play with the sport mode lol pins you in the seat im very happy with my curtesy car lol
    yes i bet but just remember it's got to go back
    yeah baby

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Cmon its not late and the flash will make the pics look good, i cant believe you got an S4!!!

Lucky bugger!!! (if you know what i mean)

How long have they said before your car is sorted??
    Not sure how long it will be away from me, but i dont mind at the moment lol

Here you go Nilz just for you

And mine before the Mondeo had its way with me

Status
    Nice one mate!!!

Now red/silver/red/silver/red/silver/red/silver/red/silver?????

Which one would you have if you had the choice??

And im not talking about colour, im on about the cars...lol

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Nice one mate!!!

Now red/silver/red/silver/red/silver/red/silver/red/silver?????

Which one would you have if you had the choice??

And im not talking about colour, im on about the cars...lol
    Now that is a hard choice I love my S3 but this S4 is a tool and a half only thing that puts me off is the crazy amount of fuel it burns. 20 gave me 60 miles, not good lol put a smile on my face though.

Status
    Phew!!

I was coming to that next, i bet it drinks like an alco at happy hour!!!

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Phew!!

I was coming to that next, i bet it drinks like an alco at happy hour!!!
    Certainly does mate, driving to work its a round trip of 40 miles from here to birmingham for me. That means i will have to put 20 every 2 days lol. Well im gonna claim it back as my S3 would not be anywhere near that.

Status
    Thats it just claim it all back as incurred expenses....

Where in Brum do you work then mate??

Certified Jardo Slayer

Status
    Birmingham Airport and QE hospital in Selly Oak what about you

Status
    They are two totally different places, what do you do there???

I work in Stratford upon Avon mate....bit of a trek, but excellent for my MPG, as its all motorway driving ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast