Dash mounted cup holder

Naresh

Reaction score
Hi can someone please provide me with the dimensions of the dash mounted cup holders from the older style A3, ie. before the new model. I have an MY98 A3 with 2 blank switches in the dash which I want to modify to accommodate the cup holder as the holders in the glove compartment are crap!

Also has anyone got the cup holder in the armrest fitted? If so can they post some pics please?

Thanks

Can you give us the width and the height please over the cup holder as it appears in the dash. Not sure what the depth is though. How expensive are these things, because I'm not sure it will fit yet so buying just to try it out may not be viable!

Naresh - You'd probably be better off fitting the armrest and cupholders, rather than messing on with youre dash. If you've already got the armrest fitted the cupholders are just an insert that slots into it. The insert is about £25 from the stealers.

I'd take a photo but I've just put my car in to have some work done, so it'll be next week before I can take any.

Ok from my measurements I get the following:
When the unit is ejected the size of the front piece is :
80mm x 22mm
The hole in the dash when the unit is pushed in is :
83mm x 24mm
I would rather someone else confirmed these to you before you start cutting holes though.
good luck

Thanks for the pics octagon, I'll check my car later to see if it will fit or not. Its just a case of seeing if the existing switch panels can be cut to accommodate the holder, and how it has to be secured.

If anyone has pics of the drinks holder that goes in the armrest please post some pics because I already have that fitted........and no, not the McDonald's version please! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif