Replacing Front door speakers

Reaction score
I bought my A3 with a concert stereo fitted, but it was a faulty unit with the volume control problem. I have since had it replaced and it is sorted but I've noticed my front speakers have been left scarred by the trauma of being kept on full blast. Anyway I've been told that these can be replaced with aftermarket ones without having to replace anything else. I just want to know which speakers to go for? Any help would be appreciated. Also a second point, I've just bought some poorboy's wheel sealant for my 18" R8 Reps and Meguairs car clay kit. Any good? Feedback appreciated. Cheers.

I know NOWT about speakers or ICE (apart from the meth kind) but I had some focals installed in the fronts in mine, they're 'OK' but a lot better than standard.

Bhavin, the Clay kit is supposed to be the Bizniz!!

i was going to get some but didnt get a chance, but am looking to do so this week and have a go next weekend.

Can you see if you can get some before and after pix for when you clay the car...will be good to see the difference.

Speaker wise, Andymac is your man, send him a PM or put a post in the ICE Forum, you might get a better response on there.

Nilz

Yeah ill get some pics up by next weekend as that's when i'm planning on giving the car the clay treatment. Hopefully will come up trumps. Cheers :o.k:

You probaby wont see much difference in pics of the claybar and the camera wont pick up the little bits. But its def worth doing! You will be amazed the amount of dirt that comes out. Just make sure you do one panel at a time and spend couple of mins on each one. After you have done that wax the car and notice the difference!:o.k:

Nice one, I've got Autoglym Gloss Polish so I'll finish that before buying anymore. Might get that wax though... Will be a long session of car cleaning this weekend...