Sunday morning... and I wash gonna give her a wash

jbw

Reaction score
Website
www.anotheragenda.com
So I'm upstairs, getting a bit of work sorted. It's about 9:30 am and I hear a crash and a car alarm go. I head to the window to see a Clio stuck in the side of my A3 and my neighbours car is up on the pavement. Out I go and it's not great.

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

The rear passenger-side alloy is curbed badly where the car behind hit and pushed it forward.
I'm pretty ******. I've barely had the car for three months and it was parked up when it happened. :crying:

So we all swap details and hang around for ages for the tow truck to appear. An AA chap takes a quick look at my car, tells me not to drive it. There's damage to the tyres but he thinks the rest of it is just cosmetic.
I phone directline and I'm told their garage will call me within 24hours to take the car away. They then tell me I'm not entitled to a courtesy car, but should liability fall on the other party I can claim back on expenses.

cheers,
jbw

Had a similar thing happen to me a couple of years back but i was sat in traffic and got run into by an old dear, two things i remember

1 - their insurance company will call you to "check" your ok - they are making sure you won't be claiming personal injury / whiplash etc etc.

2 - They can get you a hire car - if it's all the other parties fault and they have admitted blame then they'll sort you out with the car. Just kick up a bit of a fuss i.e the car was your only way of getting to work etc.

Hope it all goes ok

Mike

:(

Very unlucky mate, hope you get it sorted... could have been worse and you could have been inbetween the Clio and your car! A bucket and sponge wouldnt have helped you much...

On a seperate note, its a nice colour

ouch

good thing you folded your wing mirror in :)

Haha. Really I should have just left the car in the middle of the road.

Denim blue be its colour. I bought it from a throughly nice bloke on this forum and he took damn good care of it. I pray he doesn't see this post.

sods law,
looks like it happened along a straight bit of road?

Happened to me a few weeks back. I am with the AA and they got Helpline involved because it was an old bloke fault. Yeah, just kick up a stink - I got an 2.0 S tronic TDI

sods law,
looks like it happened along a straight bit of road?

Indeed it did. My sis said it best 'How the f*** does someone hit two parked cars on a straight road?'

grathies said:
Any shots of it pre-clio?

Hmm... afraid not. Not had it long. Once it's fixed up and given a clean I shall post a few pics.

Clach said:
Happened to me a few weeks back. I am with the AA and they got Helpline involved because it was an old bloke fault. Yeah, just kick up a stink - I got an 2.0 S tronic TDI

I wish. I gave them ****. Explaining that it's an inconvenience that their client whacks my car whilst stationary and then I'm left to drive a ***** KA or corsa. But no joy.
Looks like I'll be the chap in the red KA cruising down the motorway at 65 out of fear something might snap.

****** Clios.. Some little 17 yr old with chrome m3 mirrors, lexus lights and 15 inch halfords wheels hit my girlfriends car last week.. Tryin to blame her when he reversed out of the drive and smashed her back wing. It frustrates me when we have to share the roads with people like this.. straight road, TWO parked cars.. french cars are ****, but he cant blame this one on plastic steering components.

gutted for you dude, im going throught the same thing, churchill didnt want to know as far as a loan car, however i have got one from the garage that my car is at.

they did say i could claim one off the third party insures if they were at fault (in your case its pretty obvious).

dom

you can take your case to a third party firm that will charge their insurance once its sorted...... they decide whether to take you on or not then provide you with a decent car etc (as they assume they are going to win after accepting your claim)

The chap that hit the cars claimed liability and his insurer phoned me 9.30 yesterday. I explained I needed a car for work and that my car needed fixing asap. 3 hours later a lowloader appeared and my car was taken away. By 3pm I had my courtesy car sorted. Whilst it's a fiesta it does get me to work... it also seems to run on air compared to my quattro. :)
My insurer however have proven themselves to be useless. They couldn't do squat for me within the timeframe that Norwich union offered.
Yes, Directline might offer cheaper prices than most but when something goes wrong they're ****** useless. I'll be leaving them as soon as.

hope you get it sorted soon mate:icon_thumright:
& as for direct line they're s##t i had two prangs (not my fault honest:whistle2:not with my s3 either:yahoo:) previously over 5 yrs years & both times i had nothing but trouble at the body shop the first body shop were supposed to keep in touch to tell me how my repairs were going & never did + no courtesy + had my motor nearly 3 weeks so i had to drive around in my mom's metro:ninja: oh the shame of it then they tried to charge me VAT on my excess so i politely said you can go forth & multi ply:no: mofo,
the 2nd body shop fukd my door panel up then told me it was already done so i then politely kicked off which then got me a courtesy car:beerchug:(ford kak)but it was winter so i had a week of handbreaking the little bastrd in the snow:rockwoot:but alas i'm still with the ****** place now :banghead: but god forbid anything happens to my s3 im going straight for an audi dealer so fuk um:nunu:

Repair centre got in touch. They're replacing everything but earliest I see her again will be May 2nd. :(
New rear panel, new bumper, new rear light casing, new rear lower arms. Alloys will be refurbed if not cracked, which I'm not very happy about. They were pukka till this **** hit my car.

<rant>
I've just had a call from the repair centre. Apparently the car might be ready on friday or it might not. They won't know till on the day. Ace - so should I need some time off work to be there I'll just do that on the day too should I?

I'm also more than welcome to drive up there to pick it up? WTF? On what... my Pennyfarthing?

I'm baffled by why they think I should put myself out to get my car back when it was their c*** of a client that twatted my parked car.

Needless to say I'm furious and missing my audi.:mad:

</rant>

Finally got the motor back from the repair centre!!!:yahoo:
I took her for a spin up to Ludlow on Saturday. Lovely roads to test everything is in working order.

I was so pleased to see her back last week that I didn't check everything over fully. Cost me the following morning as the drivers door wouldn't shut properly. They took 3 attempts and at one point couldn't get the door card back on correctly.

@grathies - I'll be getting it cleaned up for the summer. Expect some pics at some point. :happy:

Nice, I unfortunatly got hit on Friday and the kid who hit me in his corsa isnt taking liability... Despite hitting me in the rear passenger side bumper/quarter panel and admitting liability at the scene with 2 officers witnessing such and hitting me on a roundabout! He just kept apologising on the scene since he was only 17 and had passed his test in October and already had 3 points on his licence grrr... Gormless muppet should just accept liability, so what if your insurance is £3k its that price because your an idiot!!!