Drug Dealing Innit...

Dave_Bayern

Slipping at 3.5Krpm
Reaction score
Spent a whole 9.99 on the car and fitted some smoked side repeaters. Almost makes them invisible, so I like them!

Car has the track wheels on it right now for this Rolling Road next week so I can compare like for like on the rollers, and my road wheels are 17s.

As such, I tink I need to be dealing sum drugs man, innit.

img10331sgv8.jpg

img10301slu7.jpg

img10241slu6.jpg

Looks nice :). Need to paint the IC hoses/pipes black

is that a standard A3 rear bumper Dave? and what exhaust is it?

I just fitted a Miltek twins to mine and is hanging slightly lower; also banging on the rear beam at idle...need to raise a little bit, maybe new hangers neeeded

car looks great Dave, you been polishing it lately? looking shiney.

The FMIC kit is an ebay kit from the USA matt, costs around £300 imported over here, and takes a bit of work to get fitting well, but is damn good when it's in. I run the same kit with a slightly smaller core.

The black wheels look good too Dave.

Bring on the JKM rolling road day next weekend for the ko3S AGU shootout!

Which miltek system did you fit abdus? The A3 system drops the tail pipes down to clear the bumper.

If you fit the mk4 system, you have to cut out a bit of the metal behind the valance, and make a cut into the bumper for the pipes to sit :)

Daves is a mk4 golf 4mo style milltek.

I feel like a PA :(

I'm planning on having my IC pipes annodised black as soon as I get round to it!

cool. i'm struggaling to find a fmic kit for a a3. want one to cope with big turbo power. jbs want £1000 to supply and fit one

I washed it today. Paint is in a pretty shoddy condition to be honest, the last 3 years of driving it every day on gritty roads has taken its toll.

Yeah, I was considering painting the IC hoses black, but I dont really want to spend money on anything that doesnt increase performance. Black absorbs more heat, so it'll make it worse :yes:

I had the Milltek A3 exhaust, but it hangs low underneath the bumper and looks awful, so I got the Mk4 Golf system and cut a piece out the rear valance as my assistant said above.

I prefer my black wheels when the car is stationary in pictures, however in all other instances the TT comps are better, especially including handling.

The 300 pound FMIC Prawn and I have is apparently Greddy piping and the core is definately godspeed.

The piping is 50mm same as the K03/K03s/K04 outlets so there isnt any problems there.

The core does produce about 1 bar pressure drop but thats less than a lot of other peoples FMICs.

If you look on VW Vortex for eBay FMIC you'll see loads of info including some temperature logs by me.

Basically, its 300 pound and in performance terms, there isnt anything in the UK that compares. Even the stuff twice the price isnt as good.

haha, 1 bar pressure drop :p

thats pretty nuts considering your car only boosts 1.2 bar Dave!

looks nice that Dave.....do like the wheels actually lol......... ounce of da white stuff please...you do receipts?

Which miltek system did you fit abdus? The A3 system drops the tail pipes down to clear the bumper.

If you fit the mk4 system, you have to cut out a bit of the metal behind the valance, and make a cut into the bumper for the pipes to sit :)

Daves is a mk4 golf 4mo style milltek.

I feel like a PA :(

I'm planning on having my IC pipes annodised black as soon as I get round to it!

I've got an Mk4 system...already cut the metal and trimmed the valance, but the axle pipe is hitting/rattling a little bit on the rear beam. I think I need to get some new hangers.

here's mine:

P1020943.JPG

Looks mean mate, can I have some of that pcp you promised me. Just my 2p but I would add a rear s3 spoiler and remove the rear badge as well.

I like it a lot but its not an S3, lol. (runs for cover)

I'm never ever going to add any S3 bits, I want it to be obvious its an A3.

Either you know about my A3 and you missed the smiley, or you dont and you missed the point :hi:

I kind of gathered you are anti-S3 from previous posts hence the spoiler suggestion, jus jesting mate, chill.

It is obvious to most of us that your car is an A3 and a rather nice one at that.

I'm not a 'hater'.

But I will agree, the S3 rear DOES look a lot nicer, I just cant bring myself to have one :)

Yeah, I was considering painting the IC hoses black, but I dont really want to spend money on anything that doesnt increase performance. Black absorbs more heat, so it'll make it worse :yes:

Of course other school of thought is that as when getting airflow, ambient outside air is gernerally cooler than the inducted iar in the pipes, so black also raidates the warmer internal temps out to be cooled by the cooler outside air. Hence why car water rads are black.

Someone on seatcupra tested it, painting a fmic black and it made diddly squat difference either way.

I have actually been considering maybe just experimenting and making the pipes satin black with some halfords spray to see if its worth powdercoating them.

In fact, might do it today and see how it comes out.

My car is past classy though :)

Its 'functional' to say the least, I've actually taken off the large IC pipe (drivers side) and its hanging with a primer coat in my shed right now.

Pictures later with it black...

I'll swap you a blowjob for some crack rocks yeah :)

drugs, sex and tugging one off with plates on, grrrrrrrrr. lol.

Funnily enough, the car does look REALLY weird with normal GB plates on. Its a good thing running the DE plates actually as no-one seems to want to race and do stupid stuff. For a week last year I ran the UK plates and loads of boy racers want to chav it up with you, with the German plates they assume you are foreign and dont bother.

I've only been pulled over once, and that was in the middle of 5 cars being pulled over for a random stop check/drink driving thing.

The policeman was pretty nice and let me swap to the UK ones (I have plate holders so its a 30 second job) and get on my way.

That said, this car has lived its life mostly within Berkshire, and the Police are overstretched round here, so I rarely see any.

Of course other school of thought is that as when getting airflow, ambient outside air is gernerally cooler than the inducted iar in the pipes, so black also raidates the warmer internal temps out to be cooled by the cooler outside air. Hence why car water rads are black.

Someone on seatcupra tested it, painting a fmic black and it made diddly squat difference either way.

So did Forge a few years ago...and found the same thing, no gains, no downsides either.
My Forge ICs were anodised black...better for stealth...no difference in performance.
I couldn't be done with silly polished ICs with logos on them.

I had my IC pipes powder coated black too...made no difference over bare metal...at the speed the air is moving, you'd not expect it to.

Pity I couldn't be bothered to wait for Samco to make black bends etc...

Cool! I already have black silicon, so I reckon I might spend today doing blackification....

Loving the front end mate :thumbsup: You've managed to convince me to get my front grills painted black as they really set off the rest of the paintwork.

Not sure about about the wheels though. Do they have a matt or gloss finish? Can't quite see in the photos. I really wanna to do the same with mine when I get some RS4s but don't know if I've got the balls!

Andy

They are Matt finish. RS4 wheels are common, and mine were scabby so i decided to paint them matt black so it was easy to cover up dings and knocks.

Currently a little bit high with a headache from all the spraying I've been doing....

Dave are you running the standard injectors or have you upgraded to the ones from the TT 225?

Well, the FMIC and pipes are now black. Just some grey primer and some Halfords Satin Black.

Oddly, I kinda of miss the chavvyness of the old silver pipes but this is better as its way more stealth!

img1035saq0.jpg

img1036sre2.jpg

Looked much better before imo. Still works well with the stealthy look but doesn't look as menacing.

Think I deffo prefer the stealth, if you look in your mirror and see a cooler youll probably think "Huh, its got a big cooler in that... may not give it a go" where as if you cant see it you think "Ha, A3 owner... lets rinse him down the road!" and then you have the fun part!

Still works well with the stealthy look but doesn't look as menacing.

But also doesn't look as Chav, or look like the owner is keep to impress the spotty teenage fans about "oh look, he's got a FMIC"

Polished IC & pipework looks par for the course on Sunny GTIRs and RS turbos...sot quite so hot on an A3.

Think I deffo prefer the stealth, if you look in your mirror and see a cooler youll probably think "Huh, its got a big cooler in that... may not give it a go" where as if you cant see it you think "Ha, A3 owner... lets rinse him down the road!" and then you have the fun part!

Very true.

Almost that exact thing happened to me on Friday night!

I was casually cruising along the A3, at the roundabout half way up to guilford, when an S3 appeared behind my off the roundabout, and clearly decided to teach my humble A3 a lesson.

As he passed me he gave me the most smug look ever, sort of saying 'poor ******* in an A3' he was clearly gunning it, you should hear the S3 screaming.

Of course, I dropped a cog and left the poor ******* for dead.

I think he felt very ashamed.

Like the black Dave, I'm going to get mine annodised soon, just need to find a place to do it!