How much for extras?

20vtmk3

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 2001 ebony black s3 which has a multi function steering wheel. Ive looked at a load of other s3's for sale and havent seen many at all with this on. Does anyone know the price of this extra? Would be nice to know what other extras the car could of come with and how much audi charged for them. Cheers

didn't realise multi function wheel was on ours?!

wasnt there someone trying to offload a multifunction wheel on here a few weeks back....... i was considering a swap but they do look damn ugly/bulky

Yeah they look terrible and dont have the S3 logo on them
Not much point in them really when the stereo is only 6inches away from your hands anyway!! Thats why you dont see many S3's with them..

Yeah they look terrible and dont have the S3 logo on them
Not much point in them really when the stereo is only 6inches away from your hands anyway!! Thats why you dont see many S3's with them..

Had the steering wheel controls on my old astra........ loved them!! which is why i considered it....but the ugliness is too much to get over

It is good to have, i know its lazy, but at the same time worth it, however as mentioned, it does bulk things up a bit and its just not "S3" is it??

Had the steering wheel controls on my old astra........ loved them!! which is why i considered it....but the ugliness is too much to get over

Also had these on my old Mk4 Astra SRi, absolutely loved them, really handy for the the cruise control but the steering wheel looked quite good on the Astra, and the buttons didnt look out of place.

couldnt agree more Ash..... shame they didnt do them on this wheel considering the rest of the refinements

I have a set of full price lists from 2000 - will check how much MFSW was when I get home.

I've got the multifunction wheel as well. I agree the wheel does look quite bulky but it's worth it to be able to change the volume/tracks without having to take my hands off the wheel.

I've got the multifunction wheel as well. I agree the wheel does look quite bulky but it's worth it to be able to change the volume/tracks without having to take my hands off the wheel.

its a hard life isn't it, taking your hands off the steering wheel to change the volume!

you wouldnt want to.....they are hideous..... a bit like a big blob of plastic with some buttons stuck onto it.......

practical though:icon_thumright:

Has anyone got a picture of a multifunction wheel? as ive never seen 1

Hey Nick,

I'd suggest walking round and looking at mine but the car is tucked up asleep at Salisbury Audi at the moment and won't be returning until Tuesday. The wheel really isn't as bad as people make out. It's not as stylish as the 3 spoke S3 one but it's certainly not ugly.

Oh and my missus is the one who twiddles knobs in our household ;)

Thanks for taking the time to look mate, shame it didnt show it. I dont mind that the wheels a bit bulky, i like it.

ive got it on mine. IIRC it was a pretty pricey option, £700 rings a bell!!??

Its not as bad as everyones saying, looks fine, and is very handy!