GruppeM was it worth it?

sitrials

Reaction score
Website
www.m-a-d.co.uk
GruppeMa.jpg

Well here it is all fitted.
first thoughts were very well made and engineered.
first drive same as any K&N filter growl!and big whoosh. Quiet at motorway speeds and better throttle response all through the rev range.
performance I'm unsure see if it makes much difference at santa pod on Sunday! feel free to come and have a look if your around on Sunday.
GruppeM.jpg

Well it sounded good when you left me today mate. :thumbsup:

Certainly looks like a well made bit of kit. Should do for that price!

Apparently they're amazing on civic type r's. Didnt realise they did anything but jap.

performance I'm unsure see if it makes much difference at santa pod on Sunday! feel free to come and have a look if your around on Sunday.
GruppeM.jpg

looks impressive

Thats is the best looking setup I've seen.

But (sorry guys).

Some Swedish guy (i'll try to find the link) did a test back to back with a load of air filters. Turns out the stock item with a paper filter is good for 400bhp.

I think if I had the spare cash I'd get one just to run my petrol head fingers across the carbon. Really I'm a miser, so I won't.

Depends how you define worth it I suppose. But 380 pounds!!!

Paper filter = 5
Hookers and blow = 375

You are a crazy mofo, Especially as it must give about 1Bhp on a cold day with a freshly cleaned throttle body.

Looks nice though!

looks really nice. any difference in performance/ throttle response?

I've got one fitted to my z4 coupe. Lovely piece of kit, count yourself lucky they are £450 for the BM... It sounds lovely on the 3.0 straight 6 :)

It definately makes the car more spritely, I removed it recently and the difference in performance is marked.

J.

Why so many comments on how it looks?

How often do you people have the bonnet up??

My engine bay looks manky, but the car is very very fast, so thats the important bit really.

£380. wow.

Jesus! I thought my BMC was expensive and i didnt even buy that new!

Agreed it does look cool but im sure i could find much better ways of spunking 380 Quid!

J

Carbon engine covers would look good now mate, more samcos too!

Im not usually one of things like this (or carbon stuff, bit to Dom Torretto from Fast and Furious for me!) But that said, I do really like that, looks well in the engine bay (Filter looks a bit suspect tho!

so have you tested for performance gain yet? were you just running a standard intake setup before this or an aftermarket? I am looking to go to this setup as my current I think lets to much hot air in from the engine bay however this kits looks as tho it blocks all air from the engine bay off.

Hi Sitrails,

Are you still happy off the Gruppe M kit?

It looks so nice!! :hubbahubba:

:rock:

i got a k&n panel filter,
i hope to fit it in the weekend..

Gruppe M looks so nice!! :arco: