Seatbelt problems

curtis_a3

Reaction score
basically the seatblet is attached to a piece of metal which anchors it to the car. this piece of metal has got bent which now casues it to get stuck underneth the seat everytime the seat is opened for someone to get in the back. i have tried undoing the bolt but there isnt enough room to properly turn a spanner or ratchet. i need to get it out so i can use a mallet to straighten it out. it looks like i might have to take the passenger seat out.

does anyone know where i might start?

i know this must be the question on everyones lips...how the feck did you manage to bend that!!!

haha i was going to say that.

I had a similar problem with my old polo where i needed to tighten that nut/bolt. I had to remove the seat but was pretty easy 5 min job i assume this would be pretty easy too with a haynes.

think getting a haynes is a wise idea from any angle as im an engineer i like to know what im dealing with etc so ill put that down on my to do list!

not too sure how it has happened but the fastner part of the belt had the red button stuck down so i undid it with a little force unclipped it which solved the problem then i used adhesice and wrapped insulation tape around it to let the adhesicve set now it looks fine. that was the original prob but the when i put the seat back down the anchor must have been at an awkward angle and it has bent it. (i prob pushed it down to hard being heavy handed):keule:

i cant say its the same but will robably be similar to my polo was:

i didnt have to remove the seat totally there was a retaining bolt at the front of the seat when you slide it right back, i just undone it and this allows the seat to carry on back and be removed, then it just allowed me to tilt the seat upwards leaving enough room to access the seat belt thing from under the seat without actually removing the seat totally while it was still partly on runners.

i understand, gonna have a try at some point this weekend something along with the common fault of the backer washer jet being blocked.

i am also partially through a little project on my door linings should look pretty cool will post pics asap.

Hi Curtis,

Did you manage to get this sorted? Any advice you can give someone who needs to do the same? I have a replacement anchor with the black and red clip,

Cheers

Chris

Brilliant, thanks for that...I probably wouldn't have done that and then either knocked myself out or had a minor coronary when the ****** things went off!

Ta

Okay, almost all sorted, but the combination of a soft bolt head and huge quantities of Loc-Tite meant that the bolt became rounded off and required a pair of mole grips to remove...but we got there! Anyway, the new bolt and washer have cost me the grand total of 96p from my local Audi garage who after I emailed them last night, actually called me back today and have ordered it ready for collection tomorrow...TIDY! So, after tomorrow evening, I shall once again be able to carry a passenger in the front! Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!