Finally picked up my special 2.0TDI

Newbie123

Reaction score

Finally picked it up today and it's been worth the wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif....

163544-small%20front.JPG

Very impressed so far and the phatnoise I've had fitted is superb.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DaveA3Turbo said:
Nice M8, how did you fit the tail pieces?

Explan with close-ups if possible aswell as undernath as this would be much appreciated.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,

Will post some pics for you at the weekend when I've given it it's waxing etc.

But basically I had the same trouble as you with the dealer initially saying they don't fit, but thanks to them seeing a pic of wish's car and a quick phone call to Audi technical and they sorted it.

Basically the existing pipes have a cover over them (you'll see that if you look at yours) and what they have to do first is remove the welds holding those covers in place. Once those are removed the straight chrome extensions will slide over the smaller inner pipe and then they are held in place by allen key blots which tighten onto the pipe (apparently it is advised that you should get these retightened after 1000 miles). I don't think they've had to cut the pipes at all as you can see the old pipes pointing down within the extensions (the pics will show this in more detail at the weekend).

And that's it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, they should actually fit flush with the end of the bodykit but because the diesel pipes are shorter than the FSI ones they are set back a little bit, but they look better than standard IMHO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Heres a picture of my pipes on my TDi

DSC02184.jpg

Dave here you go, sorry they are a bit late.......

You can see how the allen bolts attach to the existing pipes once the original covers are removed.

Hope that helps.

How long did it take for the part to come, as I found out by audi today that the info has not been passed on and the part not ordered. [FLAME]

Dave

hello,

did you get the body kit and the wheels thru the dealer?
I believe I have the same ones but cant get any types or names

[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
hello,

did you get the body kit and the wheels thru the dealer?
I believe I have the same ones but cant get any types or names

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, It is a votex bodykit and wheels. Audi call the wheel design "calito" and someone's told me that they are made by BBS, but I haven't seen anything on the wheels to confirm this.

BBS is actually written on the dust cap of the valve and the bolts around the trim looks typical to BBS but I checked on the website and I cant see them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
How much have you been charged for the body kit and the wheels? The dealer I got it from told me around 4k
I like the color of your car. The house in the back does not look bad neither
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You really get around Newbie - just come across this forum.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm thinking of just getting the chrome tailpipe extensions without anything else - any idea of cost?

Do you think it'll look a bit odd as well. Just the tailpipes at present don't look great and I always remember my old 306 DTurbo with its gleaming chrome exhaust!

I was gonna ask you Newbie - do you feel a significant difference in ride / handling with the 18's by the way?

Cheers.

...so it'll be 50+VAT and that again - if I'm lucky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

oh well - I'll wait for the quote