Coding: 04000
Shop #: WSC 06313
2 Faults Found:
17953 - Throttle Valve Controller: Malfunction
P1545 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16518 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: No Activity
P0134 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: N/A

My main concern at the moment is the Throttle Valve Controller. Could this be directly linked to the lambda probe malfunction? Any simple remedies for this?

I have cleared the codes, and will check them again (hopefully tomorrow) after a couple of journey's.

Recently my car has been sweating a small amount of coolant - not sure if that would suggest any further signs? I'm booked in to the garage next week to get this looked at, and I'm going to have the lambda probe investigated (cleaned), and see if that settles my intermittent lambda code - if not I think a replacement will be best. It does seem to be very sporadic.

Thanks in advance!
Rob :icon_thumright:

Rob try the VagCom Section on this forum, those techie boyz should be able to help out.

Cheers mate

Usually this forum is the busiest (which makes it a bit naughty posting here I guess - eeek!).

Will see if anyone can help before a double post.

Thanks
Rob :)

Check out http://wiki.ross-tech.com

could find the 16518 code though
17953/P1545/005445 - Throttle Valve Controller: Malfunction

Possible Symptoms

• Increased Idle Speed
  • Bucking at Load Change
Possible Causes

• Throttle Body dirty
  • Throttle Body Wiring faulty
  • Throttle Body faulty
Possible Solutions

• Clean Throttle Body
  • Check Throttle Body Wiring
  • Check Throttle Body
Special Notes

• Use Meas. Blocks & Basic Setting for testing

Hey Jester,

Thanks very much. I managed to find definitions of the codes on the Internet, but couldn't find a better explanation and more importantly how to cure the suspected probs.

I think cleaning the TB will be a good place to start. Never done it before and lost my guide telling me how to when I swapped PC's - eeek. I know there are guides out there - anyone got one in their favourites / to hand?

Thanks very much

Rob :) :icon_thumright:

Not that much to it. Four 5mm allen bolts, an electrical connection and a pipe. The reusable pipe clip can be fun. There is a special tool made by "laser" for it. Or just ditch it and use a jubilee clip.

Clean the thing out with carb cleaner. You may or may not need a new gasket, up to you.