AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Slightly odd.

Status

New discs and pads front and back

Need to get this done ASAP. Anyone got any ideas on what I can expect cost wise?
    Ta
    2002 Absolute Red (Tomato Soup colour) S3 Custom Code Phase 1 done 10th October 2007

2. # ADS
    ADS

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Felon View Post
    Need to get this done ASAP. Anyone got any ideas on what I can expect cost wise?
    Ta
    just done this on mine(quattro)found a place on ebay,there a motor factors shop up north,front discs and pads 49.95 delivered,good quailty stuff too,not cheap crap,they also do the backs if i remember for around 30.

Slightly odd.

Status
    Perfect - thanks.
    2002 Absolute Red (Tomato Soup colour) S3 Custom Code Phase 1 done 10th October 2007

6th Gear

Status
    What I forked out recently...

Mintex Front Discs and Pads: 75.99 delivered
    Big Can of Brake Cleaner: 4.99
    Brake Fluid: 4.99
    Ezzi Bleed Kit: 16.99
    Copper Grease: 0.99
    Breaker/Power Bar: 9.99
    Jack, Chocks & Bits: 49.99
    Spare Screw M6x15SP x 2: 0.69
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

Slightly odd.

Status
    Thanks. This isn't going to be a DIY job - I wouldn't have a clue, so it's going to have to be done by a pro.

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Felon View Post
    Thanks. This isn't going to be a DIY job - I wouldn't have a clue, so it's going to have to be done by a pro.
    with some reading, it is quite easy

these might help:

http://johnvey.com/features/a4brakes/

http://bambergvr6.freeservers.com/go...m_big_brak.htm

Reverse Gear

Status
    just a quick thread hijack! sorry!
    but does changing the brake fluid make much of a difference as i have done 40k and have not changed mine yet. is it worth the hassle?

cheers

3rd Gear

Status
    40k? I would change it, I think its recommended every other year. I get the dealers to do mine simply because I've been told I have to cycle the ABS Pumps with VAGCOM. You'll notice the difference, definatly worth it. As for the discs and pads, give it a go I did my fronts in a few hours and that was with me popping to the shops for a few tools in between, hadnt done it before but watched my dad a few times.

Donnie Mac

Status
    did ur brakes feel more responsive after changing the brake fluid? ive been told its a complete waste of time and money, but that was by an old fashioned, never pay a garage kind of fellow, (my old man!!) lol
    Revo'd APY S3

Slightly odd.

Status
    Thanks for the info. Have now had the work done at my local dealer. OK - it wasn't the cheapest price... Difference in breaking performance is now much improved.

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    i just bought some mintex stuff off ebay,

Infact i got the TT bits but i checked on the mintex product guide website first and all the part numbers are the same as the S3's so should be ok.

I wanna have ago myself at fitting and am pretty confident i can do the front disks n pads but not done the rear disks, pads n shoes before are they reasonably simple to do (i have a caliper wind back tool)?
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by d18ony View Post
    did ur brakes feel more responsive after changing the brake fluid? ive been told its a complete waste of time and money, but that was by an old fashioned, never pay a garage kind of fellow, (my old man!!) lol
    Much better underfoot! My dads exactly the same, earlier in the year the fuel pump went and done it all himself. I told him about the ABS Cycling and he wasnt impressed... "Computers do too much nowadays! What a pain in the arse!"

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Fitted my front Mintex pads n disks yesterday n gotta say its alot better now probably due to the fact the inside pad on each of the old set had worn badly and made the disk uneven.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch