S3 Temperature

S

S3 LTN

Quick questions guys.
Temperature on a mates S3 sits at 80 all the time... not 90. Ive previously owned two S3's and they always always sat at 90 when fully warmed up.
But mates one doesnt...
Do bare in mind the car is heavily modified. Stage 3 MTM.

Cheers

I'd be tempted to say fault temp sensor. Try a search this has been covered sooooo many times

Cheers Aky. Just searched it up. Thermostat need replacing. Would you how much it would cost to replace? Part and labour.

Nice one Aky. Sod Audi and their labour charges.

Cheers
Ali

mine sits at 80 and its unmodded, what detrimental effect if any does this have?

Additional wear on the mechanics, running rich, additional fuel consumption, depends really if it's actually running cool or just thinks it's running cool. If it's the temp sender then the engine is actually running at the correct temp, but the ECU thinks it hasn't reached operating temp yet so adjusts air/fuel accordingly, this can also effect idle speed and also cause the engine to stall when cold as the temp sender is giving the ECU duff info.

if it gets up to 90 in traffic it's your thermostat

It doesnt take mine long to get from cold to 90 degrees and then it sits there regardless of what type of driving im doing. All my vw's have been the same so thought that this was normal! Does this seem normal for an S3?