K03S Fitted- Results Inside!

Well ive got my IK22s sitting in my glovebox, will have to get round to doing them lol.

For any-one that was interested, here are some pics of my Pro-alloy FMIC.

It fits behind the stock bumper with no trimming, Ive trimmed the center grill out now but not sure if i like it.

proalloy1zn6.png

proalloy2rq8.png

looks big!! i take it the left comes from the turbo and the right from the throttle body?

Yes thats right Josh,

Its hardly noticable though with the bumper on ive cut the center grill out to aid more cooling but i think it looks a bit cack!

You still coming to the RR day this Sat?

Pm me your Number i think you pass where i live if your coming from Wales?

J

The cooler is the same size as mine height and width, but it looks thinner in depth. I had to cut massive chunks out of my crash bar to accomodate the FMIC. Good news for yours that you didnt have to! I heard that the pro alloy ones need the radiator tilting back, is that right? Or do you not have Aircon?

I like where the pipes go in/out, means the whole thing can be hidden.

I wouldnt worry about cooling too much, if the stock setup provides adequate cooling to the aircon radiator and engine radiator, then it'll be enough for the FMIC too, especially as its mounted up front.

On the subject of the pipes, I assume the drivers side is straight out the throttle body into that bendy pipe, but where does the passenger side pipe route? Any pics of the pipe routing?

Above you have written its the opposite way, but if its an A3, the throttle body is on the left hand side.
Pics?

I do have Aircon dave,

Met up with Prawn last week he had a look and the whole set-up of it was very confusing.

I chopped the center part out of my bumper with a Jigsaw not sure if i like it though, Stealth is better i think! Every-one thinks mine is a 1.6!

You can have a propper look on Saturday dave at the RR day.

Your from Reading arnt you Dave? Im only in Surrey...

J

yes i should still be coming, its all hands on deck to get it boosting right before it as the N75 did nothing:(

Going to try a MAF i think, might be a long shot but ill try anything lol.

Hey josh, I was messing with my car today. I too have been seeing strange boost characteristics.
Anyway, I was looking around the engine and found an oily mess under the inlet around the breather one way valve. Turns out the pipe from the inlet had split.

After cleaning the area and pipes.
Breather_Pipe_Boost_Leak02_640x480.jpg

Breather_Pipe_Boost_Leak03_640x480.jpg

Worth a look.

Love that Pro Alloy intercooler!

sounds gay Josh! Did you see on ukmkivs you now have a place to run for sure? Some bloke dropped out, so you're on!

Are you sure your random boost is not just different situations? It'll never boost max at 1st and 2nd, and not always in 3rd depending on the load. Mine only ever really hits 22psi in 4th and 5th. and on colder days it's much less than that even.

I found with my old dead turbo, on the road I could only get it to hit 19psi, yet on the rollers it went straight to 22!

RR day on saturday will be very interesting!

Jason: I like your FMIC much more now I've seen it with the bumper off, and the pipe routes make perfect sense now. the drivers side take off goes direct to the throttle body Dave, and the pass side has a return pipe running behind the rad, which then goes back down the inner wing to meet up with where the pancake pipe originally joins.

it's actually a ****** good idea. I just wonder if the 1st charge pipe running directly over the turbo hinders things, or perhaps it doesn't matter as it's pre cooler....

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:ermm:

Prawn, that does sound rather like mine lol. I was guessing about 1st and 2nd as its never hit it, it was 3rd 4th and 5th that was confusing me as its only now and again, so maybe mine is ok lol.

Waste of £50 on an N75 haha!
Am I looking really stupid now????:wacko:

Yes ive seen im on!! I noticed a warning on theyre siteabout low cars getting on the rollers... do anyone know how low they mean as mines running pretty low ATM....

Well little bit of an update for any-one whos interested:

After the rolling road day me, JoshW, DaveBayern, and Prawn all attended i wasn't too happy with my car after all the money i'd just spent on it with Jabba.

Phoned Jabba and explained it was only boosting to a peak of 1Bar, they immediately took it back off me and gave me a nice Skoda Fabia to use for the week.

Any-way picked it back up yesterday they said there was a problem with the map never heard this before? Its now Hitting 1.5 Bar all day long easily feels like a totally different car altogether now! Gives you a real kick back in the seat feeling wher-as before it was just smooth and you could never tell when the boost had kicked in.

Just thought id say how happy i am with Jabba didnt cost me a penny for them to re-do the map and its ALOT quicker than before.
With the extra torque i bet my clutch will start slipping soon!

Jason

sick.. I havnt heard anything bad about JBS yet.. which is good to hear.. think i might pay them a visit.

BTW JBS and Jabbasport are not the same. Both know their stuff though!