Suspension problems

sfs3

Reaction score
Went to change my standard suspension set up yesterday and replace it with a weitec GT 20/15 kit. When I got to the section that involves removing the strut from the wheel bearing housing, I found that there was not enough room to play with to get the strut out. What can be done to over come this.

Secondly, I aborted the install and went ot put everthing back together and now the link arm from the ARB to the shock does nto line up for me to reconnect it.

Help needed please. To top it of it is now snowing this morning and I need the car back on the road for tomorrow.

:mad:

The stut body it an interferance fit into the wheel bearing housing. Round the back of the wheel bearing housing is a long slot running vertically. To release the shock you have to prise the slot apart temporarily. There is a special tool for this, but sturdy ended screw driver or any oval shaped item can be used. You only need to prise is enough to release the pinch. Also there is a bolt at the back of the shock locating it.

As for the arb connection, if you jack up both front wheels together to should find it possible to reattach the fixing. If you were trying with only one wheel up then the arb will be following the position of the other wheel and it won't line up.