JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Questions to ask service techs

I am an Audi newbie having bought my first A3 in December.I love the car and am extrememly pleased with it.I have it booked in next week to have an intermittant fault (see post on glow plug lights) looked at.This will be my first time ever dealing with Audi service techs and since the fault has gone for the moment I don't want to be pammed off with them finding nothing wrong without backing it up or giving me a decent explanation as to why the fault occured.So what should I be saying to these guys when I go in next week?Is there any hard data that I can ask to see? Printouts from diagnostics or even error logs from the engine management?.It may turn out that they will find a fault and repair but I would like to be prepared to have a chat and get some decent answers should this not be the case.
    thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: Questions to ask service techs

Thanks Gambba.
    Its still under warranty so I hope any fault should be covered.Out of interest whats the procedure for checking the footbrake switch?

5th Gear

Status

There's 2 ways of checking the switch, first is using a diagnostic tool such as VAG-COM and doing a logging run, which has worked for me in the past, or alternatively removing the switch and putting a simple contunuity checker across it and switching it on and off.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    recomdos said:
    sheesh gambba - u know your stuff! heh how was iceland?

[/ QUOTE ]

Iceland was bloody cold most of the time, but I found a nice Icelandic woman to keep me warm [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif[/img]

The company I visited in Iceland is also the importer for the VAG range so hopefully I will be seeing some supplies coming my way.

5th Gear

Status

ah - very good gambba! I like the sound of that. will you keep me posted with any news of bits and bobs from VAG? as I need to buy a lead (the one I got at the minute is kindly on loan) cheers bud [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].................good work in Icleand by the way my friend [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]