Reaction score
Whos done it ?

is it any good ?

whats the part number ? (6 speed)

Matt

I think you need the part no. 8N0-711-051A

the 8N0-711-051 is 5 speed
the 8N0-711-051A is for the 6 speed.

I know someone who had a short shift and they said your gearchanges have to be precise or you'll get the jerkyness of kangaroo petrol

i would be intrested to know if this is any good, it would be good if you could let me know mate!

a part number & somesort of recommendation would be nice before i delve

anyone have any update re this? I've collected the 051A part - which has been updated to 8NO 711 046. Whether this is right or wrong, it won't fit onto an S3 (BAM engine code). In simple terms, the part collected is (from the front) a "right hand" facing piece - the S3 needs a left hand orientation.

Thankfully the part didn't cost the earth, however, if anyone has any news/confirmation of whether the piece works, a pic maybe and the related part number, I'd be most grateful.

Otherwise, I may have a golf part up for grabs!

Thanks

Jonny

I don't think this works with the 6 speed boxes only the 5 speed ones. The 6 speed ones already have a shorter throw than the 5 speed ones. If you want a short shift kit for the 6 speed you are looking at either forge, neuspeed, or dieselgeek. I'd go for the diesel geek but then I'm biased.
Some will just change the front to bck throw whilst others will change both front to back and left to right. Expect to pay £60 - £70 for front to back and £130 for both.