Pics of My A3! Wheels have arrived.

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just bought the car a couple of weeks ago and ordered these beautiful 18" R8 Wheels. I havent seen any other Audis on the road with these wheels yet as they're quite a new design. I was initially going to invest in the RS8 alloys but have seen far too many non-Audis as well as Audis with them on the road. These are still pretty fresh while keeping with the Audiness! The car is pretty dirty too! Ill take some more scenic pics when I've colour matched the lower bumpers and given the car a good wash and wax! I hope this works...
DSCF4272.JPG
DSCF4272.JPG
bhavin1986
bhavin1986
bhavin1986

Hmm, i did that, but obviously put in the wrong link, lets have another go....
DSCF4272.jpg

DSCF4273.jpg

DSCF4275.jpg

Edited: I've changed you images so they should work :) Marreidblonde.

<Images removed as you now have them working> :)

Not too sure about the wheels. Don't think they suit the A3. Maybe lowering it would help?

Right, I copied the IMG code from photobucket and pasted it into the insert image URL here thingy but still not joy. 2 hopes, bob hope and no hope.:banghead:

Right, I copied the IMG code from photobucket and pasted it into the insert image URL here thingy but still not joy. 2 hopes, bob hope and no hope.:banghead:

Just copy the IMG code from Photobucket and then paste it straight into your post. No need to do the Insert Image thing.

Once you get them working in your original post then I'll remove them from mineif you like? That way your pics are at the top of the hthread for maximum impact :)

Defo getting it lowered at some point. Probably 30-35mm. firstly i wanna get the lower bumpers painted up. Got a quote of a ton from a cousin of mine who owns a body and spray shop.

Wheels are different.....

They look quite good actually, but i think you need to get the car lowered ASAP, also the brakes as clach mentioned need to be beefed up as they look tiny behind those 18's.

Im not too sure about getting the bottoms colour coded, as you need to ensure yuo get a proper job done, as after a while yuo dont want it to flake and have it ending up looking crap, also if you lower it and the front end does scrape on anything, not that i think it will, then you instantly have paint loss, so you need to think about that....maybe getting it lowered 1st then think bout getting it sprayed.

Out of interest, how much were they and where did you get the wheels???

looks alrite, lowering it would be better for them...wheres your locking nut at man!

Same here - think they could have put a bit more thought into the R8 wheels.

possibly the type of wheel that you can only get away with on a car of the same year that they are orignally from (or there abouts)

i like them, i do agree that when they thought up the wheels for the r8 they could have been a little more imaginative, however, i like these wheels on the a3. lower and brakes would finish it off.

yeah they look abit cheap to me. ive got the RS4`s on mine and they look sweeeeeet. :):o.k:

I love 'em
paint your calipers just to tidy it up and it'll look very nice
might go for some myself

Im not too sure about getting the bottoms colour coded, as you need to ensure yuo get a proper job done, as after a while yuo dont want it to flake and have it ending up looking crap, also if you lower it and the front end does scrape on anything, not that i think it will, then you instantly have paint loss, so you need to think about that....maybe getting it lowered 1st then think bout getting it sprayed.

My sister owned a silver 1.8t and she got hers colour coded about 4 years ago. The car's been sold to my cousin now and theres not been a problem with the paint as yet. Going on that I think I should be ok to get them done. Itll just make the car look smarter. My cousin will paint it up for me he'll do a good job, owns a spray and body shop. Appreciate the advice though.

My sister owned a silver 1.8t and she got hers colour coded about 4 years ago. The car's been sold to my cousin now and theres not been a problem with the paint as yet. Going on that I think I should be ok to get them done. Itll just make the car look smarter. My cousin will paint it up for me he'll do a good job, owns a spray and body shop. Appreciate the advice though.

Wheels make the front brakes look lost. Its like you have 256mm there instead of 280 they look so small!!

I like the wheels though.