CHIPS! A complete guide to

S3Si

Reaction score
Have searched for hours on this subject and have concluded that:

1: its up to you, and
2: time to bitch

I think this seems to sum up each thread that has been started on this issue, but i could be wrong.

I think it would be really useful for us newbies if each person who has had a chip or chips to put just ONE post in about their experience. Stating things like the customer service, any probs and the characturistic of their chip, ie it pulls smoothly all the way or it kicks you in the butt. Whatever, but just an honest opinion.

Then when maybe there have been 20 odd individual posts and people really feel the need to question the other's opinion, feel free to do so!

What do you reckon? Worth a try?! Let the mayhem begin... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Very good idea. Im in the process of buying an Audi S3 so its just a matter of time until I succumb to the needs of a chip.

This would be very useful, as I know Sweet FA about S3's, this would help a lot when i come to tune my S3 up.

Solo

I quite agree! But if you do a bit of reading on the threads you can get most of the info to make your own mind up. As a couple of places do a try before you buy deal, check it one and go fom there. Being in the same 'when shall I chip it' situation, I've narrowed my choices to two, AmD and Oettinger. AmD because lots of people here say nice things about them, Oettinger because they match my Audi approved car warrenty if the dealer squeels 'not fare' for a warrenty job. All I need to do now is a time limited test drive to see if the change is worth the hard cash!

Doesn't look like anyone else agrees solo! Thanks for the post S3BB, pity more people didn't reply. It was worth a try.

just got my 1.8TQ done at AmD and it transformed the car, you really notice that extra torque!

There service I thought was very good and I discussed my handling issues whilst I was there and will be going back when I've decided what to have done