Flashing glow plug/coil symbol

Kel

Reaction score
HI

I have an 03 A3 TDI SE 130.

The glow plug coil light on the dashboard has started flashing.

I've read elsewhere that this could be to do with the brake lights - but if all three brake lights are working properly, can it still be a problem with the brakes?

the brakes symbol looks something like this (0) and would come up when your brake pads were low.

the best thing would be to scan the car with vag.com which will tell you exactly what the problem is as the car's ecu will store any "fault" codes.

whereabouts are you based? - i'm in surrey and have vag.com if thats any use?

I'm north Scotland - but thanks for the offer anyway!! Think iwill get it hooked up and diagnosed - I just read that on other cars, this flashing symbol often meant that a brake bulb had gone, or there was a dodgy onnection in the brake circuits and the ECU ?!?! (or something like that anyway!!!) Cheers for the help!

It's too ****** cold up there that's the problem! I glowed as well when I lived in Scotland....Born and breed for 19 years in Forfar! Good luck...:drag:

Hi, I had the same thing happen on my TDi 130, turned out to be the brake light switch on the brake pedal. New switch cost about £7.00
HTH