Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Kel
    Reverse Gear

Status

Can anyone help with A3 outdoor temperature gauge?

I have a 2003 audi A3, 1.9 TDI 130 SE. Can anyone tell me if the computer display should show the outdoor temperature? When I turn it on, it runs through all the checks, then the screen ges blank and nothing shows up. The handbook seems to suggest that temperature should be shown, but does anyone know? ALso, what could be wrong?

2. # ADS
    ADS

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    I am assuming that the display worked prior to that, or have you just bought the car?
    Turbo Sport, Auto (I know!), A lot of 's -and rising [latest add: Recon'd. tranny] sunk in her since Aug. 07...

Kel
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Just bought the car, and the previous owner said it has never worked. I'm assuming there would be a sensor somewhere outside the car that I could physically look for - but I dunno where to even start!

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    If I remember correctly the temp gauge is infront of the radiator, you should be able to see if through the front grille...(there are picturs on here somewhere, do a search). It may be simply not connected, but I am sure someone will be on soon to show you the way....Good luck.
    Turbo Sport, Auto (I know!), A lot of 's -and rising [latest add: Recon'd. tranny] sunk in her since Aug. 07...

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    There is a button under the right hand stalk. Press that and see if the display appears.

2nd Gear

Status
    The sensor for outside temp is in front bumper right at bottom on the passenger side facing downwards towards the road. you will see a small round plastic grommet if you pop that out that is the sensor. you will feel a wire connected to it
    Last edited by concoursneil; 2nd April 2008 at 16:34.

Neutral

Status
    If the sensor was faulty would it not through up errors with vagcom ? or just show a strange temperature display. Sister in law has an earlier A3 with a similar problem.
    There is no button on any stalk to switch off this display I think this option was only available on later models with bigger screens.

Granny and sucking eggs but.......... have you checked all the fuses ?

Good Luck

Mike