S3 bumper and exhaust on an simple A3

A

A4Steve

I have installed the original rear bumper of a S3 on my A3, but now the problem is the exhaust, there is a hole where the exhasut should be, someone have made this modification? witch exhasut should i use? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Audi here in Holland supply Remus as an accessory, so if you wanted along the lines of original you could go for them, nice chromed twin pipe...nothing too flash but elegant. I like the Classic INOX exhaust Remus do. It has to be a twin pipe to look right though I'd guess.

Or expensive option is straight from the Audi dealer in the UK as they also have a sports exhaust available, but not sure on what brand maybe Audi.

Was it a straight forward fitment of the S3 bumper? and is it the start of more mods to come?

[ QUOTE ]
legolfito said:
I have installed the original rear bumper of a S3 on my A3, but now the problem is the exhaust, there is a hole where the exhasut should be, someone have made this modification? witch exhasut should i use? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I've seen one advertised on eBay (probably Germany) which claimed to hook on to the back of the A3 system and exit where the S3 exhaust cut out is. Any other accessory (Audi etc) will only try and exit under the bumper.

Good luck,

Ben

How did you get the S3 bumper on the A3 ???

I have got a A3 Turbo with a performance exhaust that has got 2 pipes visible on at the back of the car. I have got some one with a S3 that will let me fit his back bumper on my car.

Please can you tell me how you got yours fitted ??.

Give me a chance........I've only just had my third coffee of the morning! Think it'll be around lunchtime, and as soon as I have it i'll be taking pictures and posting of whatever they've superglued to the front of my car, or not as the case may be!!

You got no work to do??!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Absolutely F all/.....I wasn't impressed, 8 weeks and it comes back as standard with half the work not being done, scratches left over from the accident and inner arch pieces missing screws!

I AM NOT A HAPPY CHAPPY AT ALL!

P.S. You're so right about the S3 front bumper not fiiting, parked mine up against one at the dealer and it's so obvious it wouldn't fit....what was I thinking!

So out of all of this does the rear bumper actually fit directly from the S3 onto the A3?

No it wont.. the arches are too wide on the S3 for the bumper to fit an A3... it will fit on the car, but it will be wider than the car therefore looking crap!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
No it wont.. the arches are too wide on the S3 for the bumper to fit an A3... it will fit on the car, but it will be wider than the car therefore looking crap!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Then how did leqolfito fit the S3 rear bumper on the A3 ?.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

And then he wont even share the info with us, what kind ?.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
Well I'm going to do the test this weekend and will let every one know how it went and if it fitted or not.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

cheers for now

[ QUOTE ]
razor said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Then how did leqolfito fit the S3 rear bumper on the A3 ?.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

And then he wont even share the info with us, what kind ?.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
Well I'm going to do the test this weekend and will let every one know how it went and if it fitted or not.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

cheers for now

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly Richard, but as Razor said leqolfito definately said he fitted the S3 bumper to his A3.... so wondered how?

The arches are flared, and after looking at an S3 close up the other day I can't see that the front or rear bumpers would fit........so how did he do it? Cut and shut? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Get some pictures up, for those of us that are still scephtical....please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Would love to get the S3 bumper fitted, anyone now if the end can from the S3 Exhaust will directly fit the A3 system?

Only if its quattro... It is FWD, then its different IIRC.

Rich

The best rear spoiler/muffler combo i have seen is this (MS design one). What do you guys think?

I agree, unless the bumper is pulled in onto the body by the guides? This may work although it may bulge at the corners a bit where it is being forced round. Looking at the parts CD, I can't see any body under the bumper. BTW, what sort of cost are we talking about for the 5(?) bits?

there was an S3 bumper for sale recently on e bay for about 50 notes. the others bits r very cheap.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Get some pictures up, for those of us that are still scephtical....please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Would love to get the S3 bumper fitted, anyone now if the end can from the S3 Exhaust will directly fit the A3 system?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yip, as soon as it's all done I will have the pics on the net to show you all how it looks. Will all so take pics of the exhaust mod to get it to fit the bumper.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hallo to you all .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The S3 Rear Bumper Project is Done !!!!!!. Go to the following website and have a look. The paint shop did a bit of a stuff up, the colour is not a 100% match but that will be sorted out next week.

Here are some of the pic's, the exaust pic's are not all up jet, but will let you all know when it's there.

http://www.audisport.co.za/a3_s3_bumper.htm

Cheers all !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice.....but I still don't get why it fitted, everything was telling me it wouldn't and you go and prove it will, my head hurts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

That was strange, I was about to post a question as to whether this fitting issue had resolved. I may have the greenlight now. cash part aside! I'm a bit like Gambba, I was dubious about the bumper meeting the arches ok but it seems to work. Maybe I can buy one cheap off of a front crashed S3, just incase...

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
I don't know if the S3 rear would really work without the S3 front though Daniel? Have you seen any pics of it done as such?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If the lower front spoiler is color coded, then it will look good. But still think that it will be too wide and will pertrude (sp?) past the arches.

Who's got pics?

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif go to http://www.audisport.co.za/manie.htm

there is a pic at the bottom of the page where I had the front spioler colour coded to look like the S3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chow

Mate,
How did u re-position the exhaust to fit the cutout in the S3 bumper?

Cheers

Rich

We will need to publish a A3/S3 modding bible and make some dough to help aid our experimentation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

An appropriate title for your book would be 'S3 Wannabes Guide'

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif