S3 Radio - no signal!

Spacecowboy

Reaction score
Hi AllJust got my car back from dealer after some warranty work. They also put a couple of small dents in my roof, scrathed rear bumper, fitted interior panels incorrectly etc so had to go back - for 3 weeks!Got car back last week and now I have no radio signal whatsoever. I also can hear something moveing around in the rear quarter behind the panel. Sounds like a lose lead. Is this where the radio antenna lives? Will Audi be able diagnose this by plugging in or is this an obvious case of not recconeting properly?CheersRog

Audi put it on diagnostic today and apparently there is no signal recording "Open Circuit". They reckon they have sliced through the lead at some point so need to strip all interior panles again to repair (at their cost).

I had mine on the vagcom and said signal intermitten and 'open circuit' or something. If its the same as mine (not getting radio signal) theres a little black box above the sub in the left hand panel with lots of plugs goin into this (i knocked this when i changed a bulb on that side) Basically i had to take the box out to change the buld as the bulb holder wouldnt come out otherwise... to cut a long story short, after id had it vagcomed a few days later it struck me that the box is something to do with the radio... i unpluged all the plugs blew on them etc... and found abit of cardbored that fell out... i put the bit of card between the box and the plastic and it worked perfectly!!! Worth checking just incase audi has your car in for ages diagnosing ur problem.... something as simple as cardbored!!! lol.

Cheers - you are basically spot on except turns out the Audi approved bodyshop had broken a couple of the pins the connector fits to and has had to order a new part (at their cost) to replace.