AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

one working beam

hello good people, my first post here although i have used it for as a reference since i bought my first audi. 99 A3 1.8T. my current problem is that i only have one working full beam. all other lights are working as they should, i have bought new bulbs and also swapped from one side to another and there is obviously no power there.
    i have searched the forum but found no similar problem. any help greatly received.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Fuse, relay, wiring, or bad contacts where the bulb sits... has to be one of those.

Have you got a good multi-meter?

Reverse Gear

Status
    A friend is going to lend me one tommorrow, it just seemed a little unusual to me and i wondered if it was a common occurance. i had a quick look and the contacts look fine however it seems there is no power. i doubt it would be anything to do with a fuse with that being the only leccy failiure? unless im mistaken.

1st Gear

Status
    If its the same as S3, the headlights have their own 'ECU' and they sometimes go wrong. Pricey to replace apparently. But as i understand it, they just keep blowing bulbs so odd that you seem to get no power at all?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony spian View Post
    A friend is going to lend me one tommorrow, it just seemed a little unusual to me and i wondered if it was a common occurance. i had a quick look and the contacts look fine however it seems there is no power. i doubt it would be anything to do with a fuse with that being the only leccy failiure? unless im mistaken.
    Don't quote me on this, but I would imagine that each headlamp has it's own fuse/relay?

If one main beam is working, then it's highly unlikely to be a switch. Best way is to get your meter and start testing!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacecowboy View Post
    If its the same as S3, the headlights have their own 'ECU' and they sometimes go wrong. Pricey to replace apparently. But as i understand it, they just keep blowing bulbs so odd that you seem to get no power at all?
    S3's have Xenons, the 'ecu' part is probably the ballast. Yes they can be expensive.... however I would be very suprised if standard halogens have such a thing. Most likely fuse or relay.