more boost

dadogfromskem

boost up my tdi pd
Reaction score
is there any way of turning up the boost on my turbo on my a3 tdi pd myself

There's a screw on the turbo itself which is labelled Faster and Slower.

Sorry only joshing with ya :)

Dadog..... think you really need to do it properly mate.... dont think its just as simple as that..... am fighting the humour that just wants to come out :laugh:

It's a modern car which is controlled by a computer. The only way to get the boost to come in sooner is by reprogramming the ECU to tell it to, and unless you know what you're doing you're best off either purchasing a diesel tuning box (if one is available for the A3) or getting the car professionally remapped.

iv herd tho you can turn it up at the turbo its self just a few mm is it the acuator

No offense meant here mate but you sound like your not sure what your doing, are you sure its wise to be messing around with something that could cause damage to your engine should you choose the incorrect settings?
Bear in mind bypassing the electronics on the car to induce a higher boost level (not sure how you would do this anyway) will probably put the car into limp home mode and possibly cause damage.

well you would be right in thinking that because i dont but i work in a car brakers an there are a few ppl in there that do an iv bin told that 20bar is a safe level an wont do out to ther electronicsbut this is y i hav asked ppl on this site because its an audi site an there suold be ppl on here that do know a bit like

With respect mate, text speak is frowned upon here. It's difficult to read and you'll find that people are much more willing to put the time in to help help if you type things properly.

I doubt you'll find anyone here who will recommend a shortcut route to increasing your boost as we don't want to be the ones you come running to when your engine dies because you've adjusted something you shouldn't have.

20 Bar? I think these people are having you on. 20 Bar is 280psi. I'm not sure what the TDI turbo runs at but I'm pretty sure its not 280 psi! My friends car boost gauge goes to 1.6 bar max and thats damaging the turbo.
Engines are fairly delicate when it comes to boost levels and 1 wrong move you've knackered not only your turbo but your engine too. But definatly keep us updated should you decide to blow your engine :w00t:

Mate do us all a favour and re-evaluate your typing skills.

to be honest i wouldnt think about blaiming any one on this site if i did go ahead with this i was just asking if there was a way todo this like i said i work in a breakers so probly could get an engine for a good price

No probs.

Its all well and good if you know what your doing but if I were you I would hand over the cash and get it mapped instead.

so there isnt an easier and cheaper way of doing it

Nothing is ever cheap and easy with turbo boost setting... messing about with the threaded bar isnt a great idea as you could end up tricking engine sensors etc with airflow and what have your, resulting in overfueling and even poorer running, risk damaging your car at so on.

If your preparted to possibly pay for a new engine, dont see why your not prepared to pay for a proper map

In that case I would wait till I did then bud. Im sure it would be worth the wait.

no they will plug their computer into your car and reprogram it..... probably take an hour if that

hers a gd idea,,,,,

if u wrk @ a brakerz yard, find a batterd scooby impreza sti, tek the turbo off dat (wivout any1 noing, so FREE) den bolt it 2 ur car, get a spanna, screw da actuator all da way until it reaches da "fast" setting.. then start the car and go 4 a drive.. woosh

hers a gd idea,,,,,

if u wrk @ a brakerz yard, find a batterd scooby impreza sti, tek the turbo off dat (wivout any1 noing, so FREE) den bolt it 2 ur car, get a spanna, screw da actuator all da way until it reaches da "fast" setting.. then start the car and go 4 a drive.. woosh

Respek innit bruv..braaaaap

Anybody ever tell you that you have no sense of humour? Thought not.

Anybody ever tell you that you have no sense of humour? Thought not.

Oh I do, I find it funny when old people slip over, I find it funny when people driving expensive cars drive into trees, I find songs about hermaphrodites hilarious, I find your audacity in pointing out his lack of grammer and spelling when your own is not up to scratch also funny.
This chaps just looking for some help and yeah he may not be brilliant at spelling or grammer but there is no need to rip the **** out of him. ****.

Haha shut it you TIT.

Listen flower, sit back down in your arm chair and get back to reading your book about the first world war.

lads ****** hell any chance of stop bitchin am here to see if i can turn the boost up on me car not to find out whos a tit or not ok an the scooby neveer going to happen mate i know it will blow me engine to **** not that stupid

Haha shut it you TIT.

Listen flower, sit back down in your arm chair and get back to reading your book about the first world war.

Awww is the elitest **** getting upset? Give it a rest.

dadogfromskem no easy way, remap is your best option otherwise your likely to screw up your engine. Good luck.

Like they say remap is your cheapest and reliable option. Revo do a remap where you can buy a 'dongle' which allows you to alter various settings, used to be SPS3 but now called something different; check out www.revotechnik.co.uk for more info. You can get a 5 hour free trial to tempt you into buying it from a relevant dealer.

TittingCock.

Sorry I thought that was the norm - I believe this is the new format to use when entering into discussion on a forum.