Michelin Pilot Sport

Maz

Reaction score
Hey all, any one used them before with 18s?

The new PS2s are too pricey and I prefer the tread pattern on the older version.

Anyway, I have a chance to get the originals fitted and balanced for £120 each and wanted some opinions on grip/performance, price and tyre wear.

Thanks.

Hi i have the new PS2s on my A4 and find them excellent in all conditions. Got them for £150 each fitted

havent had any before - so cant comment. but recently fitted two Ultrac Sessanta on the front for £185 all in. came second in Evo test, behind Eagle F1.

might be worth a look.

http://www.vredestein.com/Banden_Bandtypes.asp?UsersessionID=67789423&BandgroepID=1&BandtypeID=3

Thats cheap but Im not feeling them.

Would look at either Eagle F1 or Toyo Proxe T1R

I've had the F1s previously on 17s which I thought were quality although I fancy something different now and F1s cost more.

Not sure about the Toyo's, the reviews Ive read are not great.

Hi i have the new PS2s on my A4 and find them excellent in all conditions. Got them for £150 each fitted

Thanks although there is no way I would pay that much for 18s.

Just had two michelin PS2's fitted - £135 each at local Setyres.

Excellent Tyres !

Can you elaborate on their greatness as I seriously considered these at £400 fully fitted but once the Michelins were available I had second thoughts.

What are they like in the wet? Noise levels?

Cheers mate.

Ive got twp PS2's on the rear , great tyre , i couldn't get it to slide if i tride!:)

p

Can you elaborate on their greatness as I seriously considered these at £400 fully fitted but once the Michelins were available I had second thoughts.

What are they like in the wet? Noise levels?

Cheers mate.

They offer excellent grip in the dry, the best tyres ive personally used, obviously not as good in the wet but perfectly ok on an S3 with its Haldex 4WD not much worse than Goodyear F1's ive had in the past. Noise levels are excellent imo and the wear rate is also good, a massive improvement over Yokos of the past ive used (A510, A520's etc). I definately recomend them as the best tyre for the S3 imo, and i know a few other S3 owners who agree.