LED Lights

A3_Sport

Girl Racer
Reaction score
Hi Im new to this so b gentle :)

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether i can get headlights for my A3 like the ones on the new audis (the led ones)

Thanks in advance :)

Belive you can fit them from an S6? Well think it is, their normally placed in the bumper, not totally sure on that one tho, or why youd want to as they will just make your existing headlights/sidelights look very yellow

Might be worth popping to your local Halfords and asking the Ripspeed desk if they have any led light strips?

you want to replace your headlights with LEDS..... think about what you have just said then come back and post something you think is possible

Animal, dont be such an animal!!! He said go easy as he is new....cmon, it might be a new look that we are not aware of....LED headlights....lol.....

Now hurry up and reply if you are going to before your missus confiscates the laptop off you....lol

Best bet really would be to check out some of the crusing and modifying based websites mate, its not the sorta thing that you will find 99% of people on here wanting to fit unfortunatly

As far as I know, no direct replacement exists, but with a bit of work and enginuety Im sure you could build some into a set of standard clusters

Dunno how handy you are, but it might be possible to fit some leds into your exisiting headlights, just a thought...

am i gonna start eating my words? i think i am.....just after Glen has put on ban on dirty words tooooo...noo fun

i might go as far to say that i like the xmas tree look for the sidelights...even on an older car

Not a fan myself, think it is more of a Girly thing (no offence A3 Sport!)

Each to thier own tho, not my cuppa tea but then what is? lol

that does look good...although the spot where they are mounted is already there, not a hard mod IMO.....defo not worth £210 to get it done..... think on ours it would have to be beneath the bumper, above the lower grills

you want to replace your headlights with LEDS..... think about what you have just said then come back and post something you think is possible

I think she means replace the whole light, as in will any genuine audi ones fit straight in.

Am i right?

Hi Im new to this so b gentle :)

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether i can get headlights for my A3 like the ones on the new audis (the led ones)

Thanks in advance :)

Don't do it makes a cool car look like a tart's handbag IMHO:banghead:

Im afraid theres none that will be able to fit straight in, with alot of work you could get some to but that would require serious bodywork and not suit the car at all

Only real option for LED would be some LED A3 Angel Eyes from ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-0...016QQitemZ260224137881QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Their from america so may be left hand drive BUT they do seem to have an LED light strip along the top of the lights, not sure if thats any help for you.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/a3-led-hea...rexpZWD2SQQssPageNameZWD2S?_trksid=p1638.m122
Thats the selection on ebay atm

ye they seem like a good idea thanks :)

did look on the tt forum that someone posted but didnt really want to spend 200 odd pound on just the leds

It might be worth waiting, the BMW Angel Eyes really took off then they were available to buy, never know if the Audi style LEDs take off then you might be seeing them on ebay soon

Its quite expensive thru the TT forum but I belive their put in very well, just not quite sure how they could be put into normal A3 lights without affecting the beam pattern

Good luck with finding something that suits you tho, and if you need help with anything else feel free to ask on here, hopefully everyone will be helpful towards you

HI A3_Sport sorry, i just presumed you were male....lol

SO where in the W Mids are you from??

thing is i dont really like them, coz looking at the TT it has loads of small LED's which make up a line of light under the headlight, which looks naff!!! while the R8 and A5 can pull it off because their LED's are far apart, and doesnt look like a huge line going across the front end, this is why its such a unique look!!

It might be worth waiting, the BMW Angel Eyes really took off then they were available to buy, never know if the Audi style LEDs take off then you might be seeing them on ebay soon

Its quite expensive thru the TT forum but I belive their put in very well, just not quite sure how they could be put into normal A3 lights without affecting the beam pattern

Good luck with finding something that suits you tho, and if you need help with anything else feel free to ask on here, hopefully everyone will be helpful towards you

your right there grathies i might just wait and see if they do bring something out because i remember getting the angel eyes for my astra where as my m8 had the hassle of making them hehe thanks again

Im out Acocks Green/Solihull way....Have you got any pics of your car???

Are yuo thinking of doing anything else to the car??

havent got no pics its actually my brothers car hes had it a while but hes at uni so i offered to do some stuff to it

getting some tints next week, want to lower it and put some nice rims on there and get a powerflow exhaust

i drive a astra its all modded so wanted another project to do lol