opening your s3 with a mobile phone?

bpascua

Reaction score
Hello All,

Can you really open your S3 with a mobile phone? I have read this is a hoax but a friend of mine swears he tried it and it worked. Basically today I locked my keys in my boot - the rumour is that if you get someone to call you when you are stood by your phone and blip the remote at the other end of the phone that some phone can transmit the signal.

Will this work and has anyone tried it?

Cheers

Brian

You've been watching 'Pimp My Ride' on TMF haven't you. :)

they did this on brainiacs and it worked,

but i rekon its bull

Im sorry to say i tried it on my A3 a while ago on a bored dinner break amd it didn't work? :ninja:

So is someone prepared to try this ? hold the phone near the drivers door and get a mate to call you and keep bliping the keyfob at the other end.

Sort it once and for all.......

Just cause it works on one doesnt ment it will on all

Different spec'd cars have different spec'd convienice control units. You may find it works with cars that have sunroofs but not on those that dont due to the different way of recieving the signal

ok ed no need to show off,lol.i can open my car with my work phone through it through the window its a like a house brick

Sounds like rubbish. Thats like saying if you hold your phone up to your wireless router your mate can connect to your network.

I tried this, held my phone up to the car and some mugging ******* hit me in the side of the head and tried making off with my phone.

Couldnt follow him either as I didnt have the keys to my car! My mate had them 2 miles away :p

ah thats what i thought,either that or polish my shiny length.lol

lol! Another hoax!

I tried it twice so 6 times in total... guess its a wrong number!

I did notice however that if I said it into a phone while standing near a brand new 911 the doors opened and the engine started... could be a fluke tho

Anyone wanna confirm if this works for me or not?

K TNX BYE

ive heard that you can drive a car using the '1' and '3' keys for steering and the volume button for aceleration....brake is 'hang up'

dunno the truth in this, although i do still beleive the moon is made of cheese so if this has a bearing?

just realised i have 3 thanks for my shiny length comment,im glad we all think on the same wave length, maybe we should make a thread with silly and rude comments to see who gets the most thanks.:respekt:

i almost thought i wrote wanks there,and just realised you changed it.lol

Uk/European remotes generally work with a 433.05–434.79 MHz (433.92MHz) wireless carrier wave, using amplitude modulation.

A mobile picks up and sends a stunted set of frequencies from within the range of the average human voice.

Even if a mobile could pick up the signals and transfer them through the packet based mobile system, the phone could not replicate the RF signal on the other end, and i suspect the timing would be altered enough for the remotes 'individual' signal to be 'broken'.

And for the record, the moon 'is' made of cheese.