JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    3rd Gear

Status

Value my A3 TDi Quattro please or any comments

Hi folks, need to change vehicles due to mountain bikes and so on, so my A3 TDi Quattro will be up for sale soon. Any thoughts or comments on value very welcome.

Spec is:
    8L 1.9 TDi Quattro (it was a run out model, the 8P were just arriving).
    52 plate 2003, 3 door, 114k (my wifes family live in Germany hence motorway miles)
    RNSE DVD nav retro fitted (by Craig from this forum), with updated software and working TMC inc both navi discs
    Heated seats, mirrors and auto dipping rear view mirror
    BOSE sound system
    Cruise control
    Half leather interior plus one-off bootliner (the rear seats have not been used since new)
    Full service history plus every reciept. Looked after by Brian and Jim at Star Performance
    Unmarked 18" RS4 and Avon ZZ3 with loads of tread. Unused spare tyre
    Aircon pump replaced at 110k miles with a new unit.
    R32 ARB's and Bilstein Suspension fitted by Star
    Grilled groved discs all round
    Superchipped to 180 bhp (I have a RR printout)
    4 Wheel alignment done inc printout
    Hardwired Road Angel fittings

Will be sold with cambelt changed, new front Tarox discs, haldex oil and MOT (both due April) so will not need servicing for another 18k miles. All manuals (inc Navi system), service booklet included

Drives, stops, handles fine. As many have said, the suspension and ARB mods totally transform the car from standard even with quattro, the difference is amazing. I have loved this car and serviced and looked after it whenever it needed it. Regularly doing between 38-42 mpg. Never failed a MOT

Bad Stuff:
    Usual small paint chips to be expected.
    Hit a fox on the Edinburgh bypass two months ago resulting in a new radiator, bumper and headlights. All professionally repaired though insurance (a HPI would pick this up so I will mention it here)

Any other questions, just shout. (I am sure I may have forgotten something)

Thanks

Rick
    Coming back to Audi with an A3 Tdi Sportback Quattro... but the 220bhp T5 was epic....

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Taken from Glass's guide, so this would be the minimum value imo, obviously add a bit to these figures for private sale and rare optional extra's.

Part-exchange Price:
    Excellent condition:

Average condition:

Below average condition:

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks Jojo, given 3800 today, px against a van. Went away quite depressed...
    Coming back to Audi with an A3 Tdi Sportback Quattro... but the 220bhp T5 was epic....

4th Gear

Status
    Ouch! Parkers have it as 7,660 part-ex.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-p...ate=72&issue=0
    03 A3 (8L) TDi quattro Sport, Aluminium Silver with leather, armrest, cruise, xenons and me at the wheel

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by batwad View Post
    Ouch! Parkers have it as 7,660 part-ex.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-p...ate=72&issue=0
    But that's with 50k miles on the clock. Last time I looked in Glass's you can immediately deduct over 2k when your car hits 100k and Rick's had done 114k.
    2001 S3 AMK in black - Ambient lighting kit and Aero wipers.
    Is it wrong to love your car more than your girlfriend? - When you no longer have a girlfriend it's fine!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rickquattro View Post
    Thanks Jojo, given 3800 today, px against a van. Went away quite depressed...
    Ouch!

I might have been interested at that price! What about a nice S3? Mine has just had it's cambelt/waterpump done

Monkey Trainer

Status
    Blimey, I'd have given you 4.5K easily - looking for something for the wife and that would've been perfect!
    A3 1.8TQS: Supersport Springs and Shocks, Xenons, BMC Filter, 18" OEM TTV6's, Bailey DV, N75J and Phase 1 Custom Code.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyterrier View Post
    Blimey, I'd have given you 4.5K easily - looking for something for the wife and that would've been perfect!
    DITO!

S3 - Gone but not forgotten!

6th Gear

Status
    I think people are acutally undervaluing your car.

On the insurance point - it's very unlikely this will show up on an HPI as it's not a major repair, it's simply a small bump so to speak.

I'd expect a dealer to try and sell your car for at least 7k so i'd personally be looking for a 5k trade in price.

Private sale i think 6k would be a fair price.
    Last edited by rodenal; 27th March 2008 at 19:50.
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rickquattro View Post
    Hi folks, need to change vehicles due to mountain bikes and so on
    Sounds interestin! What bikes have you got?

3rd Gear

Status
    Well the deposit is down on a new VW T5 SWB 174bhp van so the car will be up for sale soon and the ZZR 14 will have to wait. The A3 will be off to Star Performance for belts etc etc in a week or so then I will post it in the for sale section. Just re-reading the spec i have forgotten stuff off the list but I will update it but I reckon you will get the picture.

grathies, as for bikes, there is a very special XT 600 supermoto with a lot of tuning work done on it that the mrs drives, my ZZR 1100, a Specialized Epic, Marin Attack Trail and an Orange 5 Pro.

The plan next year is to drive the van to friends in Spain then do a M/C tour in Morocco. If you reckon we should be driving from home then Edinburgh to the Med is far enough without the Morocco bit on these mis matched bikes... though i did do Penrith to Brno in 23 hrs including missing one ferry and getting the next (sponsored unofficially by Red Bull I may add). Love those autobahns on my ZZR.

Thanks for the info and opinions on my car value. I t will also be advertised on the Star website soon. I would rather it went to an enthusiast on here who knew what they were buying than just an average Joe...

Rick