Value my A3 TDi Quattro please or any comments

rickquattro

Reaction score
Hi folks, need to change vehicles due to mountain bikes and so on, so my A3 TDi Quattro will be up for sale soon. Any thoughts or comments on value very welcome.

Spec is:
8L 1.9 TDi Quattro (it was a run out model, the 8P were just arriving).
52 plate 2003, 3 door, 114k (my wifes family live in Germany hence motorway miles)
RNSE DVD nav retro fitted (by Craig from this forum), with updated software and working TMC inc both navi discs
Heated seats, mirrors and auto dipping rear view mirror
BOSE sound system
Cruise control
Half leather interior plus one-off bootliner (the rear seats have not been used since new)
Full service history plus every reciept. Looked after by Brian and Jim at Star Performance
Unmarked 18" RS4 and Avon ZZ3 with loads of tread. Unused spare tyre
Aircon pump replaced at 110k miles with a new unit.
R32 ARB's and Bilstein Suspension fitted by Star
Grilled groved discs all round
Superchipped to 180 bhp (I have a RR printout)
4 Wheel alignment done inc printout
Hardwired Road Angel fittings

Will be sold with cambelt changed, new front Tarox discs, haldex oil and MOT (both due April) so will not need servicing for another 18k miles. All manuals (inc Navi system), service booklet included

Drives, stops, handles fine. As many have said, the suspension and ARB mods totally transform the car from standard even with quattro, the difference is amazing. I have loved this car and serviced and looked after it whenever it needed it. Regularly doing between 38-42 mpg. Never failed a MOT

Bad Stuff:
Usual small paint chips to be expected.
Hit a fox on the Edinburgh bypass two months ago resulting in a new radiator, bumper and headlights. All professionally repaired though insurance (a HPI would pick this up so I will mention it here)

Any other questions, just shout. (I am sure I may have forgotten something)

Thanks

Rick

Taken from Glass's guide, so this would be the minimum value imo, obviously add a bit to these figures for private sale and rare optional extra's.

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£5320

Average condition:
£4780

Below average condition:
£4260

Blimey, I'd have given you 4.5K easily - looking for something for the wife and that would've been perfect! :Flush:

I think people are acutally undervaluing your car.

On the insurance point - it's very unlikely this will show up on an HPI as it's not a major repair, it's simply a small bump so to speak.

I'd expect a dealer to try and sell your car for at least 7k so i'd personally be looking for a 5k trade in price.

Private sale i think £6k would be a fair price.

Well the deposit is down on a new VW T5 SWB 174bhp van so the car will be up for sale soon and the ZZR 14 will have to wait. The A3 will be off to Star Performance for belts etc etc in a week or so then I will post it in the for sale section. Just re-reading the spec i have forgotten stuff off the list but I will update it but I reckon you will get the picture.

grathies, as for bikes, there is a very special XT 600 supermoto with a lot of tuning work done on it that the mrs drives, my ZZR 1100, a Specialized Epic, Marin Attack Trail and an Orange 5 Pro.

The plan next year is to drive the van to friends in Spain then do a M/C tour in Morocco. If you reckon we should be driving from home then Edinburgh to the Med is far enough without the Morocco bit on these mis matched bikes... though i did do Penrith to Brno in 23 hrs including missing one ferry and getting the next (sponsored unofficially by Red Bull I may add). Love those autobahns on my ZZR.

Thanks for the info and opinions on my car value. I t will also be advertised on the Star website soon. I would rather it went to an enthusiast on here who knew what they were buying than just an average Joe...

Rick