new R32 and new clio 197 sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
1animal1, whats ya real name... sick of putting that..lol. Out of interest, what dog you got. And yes im bored at work replying to never ending threads!!!! lol

yup yup haha

erm i have a golden retriever that its nicely in the boot of this car.....

thanks

'Tim':beerchug:

Youve proably quoted 'Tim' before but never noticed! lol. Never had a dog in mine. Mums got a black lab which would probably fit... might try him out for size! lol.

Back to the original thread, with handling / speed of fast cars etc.. I was actually thinking of buying (im probably gunna get cursed at) a bmw z3 m roadster... did i make the wrong choice with the s3??? Only downer with the bimmer was it was more to insure / run but was faster and im guessing handled miles better!

oooh they are nice the M series Z3's...although a nightmare in the wet to drive....especially because of the wide tyres..... mates had two, a 1.9 and a 2.2 and totalled both in the wet so im really cautious....i think more of a pose mobile with two seats that has excellent straight speed and good dry grip....if im wrong im sure will correct

Audi all the way guys....BMW's are sooooo common, and they're a posers car! Audi's are understated, and subtle, better built, and classier I think....Not to mention that most of the people that drive them in North London(where I live), are c*cks.

A 330ci would have no problem seeing off an S3 i think you're dreaming again

Z3 m's are also very fast and very good to drive

and very lethal in the wet and ****** ugly lol

James, you using the gt4 every day then?? Or you going to strip it and use it as a quater mile / track monster!!!

Not stripping anything out of it,i like my comforts.
Its only going to be used on odd weekends and the odd time when i feel like going for a blast:eyebrows:
I will take it on a couple of track days this year though,hopefully.

Oh and as for the 330ci, one cut me up in the process of racing my mates MK Indy down my local bypass, I think he tried it on then kinda gave up as i went passed. lol. Seemed fairly nippy. Suppose they should be having a 3.0l v6!!!

Straight 6.:whip:

A 330ci would have no problem seeing off an S3 i think you're dreaming again
:lmfao:
rodenal is right though,if he was trying.

Sorry, straight 6.... lol. same as the m3 then with out the 0.2 displacement?? I wouldnt of said they were quicker though than a mapped s3.. there like a barge!!! lol

i cant see it being that far off TBH..... not sure what the figs are without looking but sure they arent that much quicker than a mapped S3.......

I wouldnt of said they were quicker though than a mapped s3.. there like a barge!!! lol

I wouldnt say quicker more a match for a remapped S3.At higher speeds i would still go for the 330 though.

The S3 isnt no lightweight either you know.

at high speeds so would i...... although depending on where the S3 had accelerated from.... Lag etc being a factor...gonna give it ago when i get the chance...watch this space

Lol you must waste lots of petrol trying to race people?

Anyway im with you, if its quiet and you're both sensible enough about it then why not?

They only weigh 100kg's more than an S3... Or in simple terms about 16 stone...

Plus a little bit more power as standard, plus rear wheel drive no 4wd transmission losses, no lag etc

Lol you must waste lots of petrol trying to race people?

Anyway im with you, if its quiet and you're both sensible enough about it then why not?

Im still stuck in my 1.8T years..that car was very understated and did very well against a lot of unsuspecting chavs.... i know this is a different story....... i also have a drive home everyday from work on 3 seperate carriageways which doesnt help:undwech:

Just out of interest what year/model 330 are we talking about ?

I'm not to brushed up on my E numbers dave, is that the latest model ?

I disagree that the 330 is quicker standard than a mapped s3 also i had my old s3 off the clock... whats the bm's, limited to 155???

The current 3 series is the e90 the previous gen was the e46. The new 330 is slower than the previous gen.

The E46 was figured at sub 5 secs in the sprint by most magazines. Very quick car, lovely handling as well.

J.

I thought BMW's just seem to get quicker with each model... my mate had a 330 on a 01 plate, and he couldn't catch me in my old A3 running 194 bhp, dont get me wrong, if it was on a run way and we both topped out then he would come sailing passed, but getting up to speed it was no quicker, and i know my remapped S3 would beat my old car. If you were talking about a new BMW then i would believe you, the new 335 is a stonker, the torque figures are blinding, some mags reckon it's as good as the M3... but thats enough of that because i'd have the audi equivalent of the Beemer anyway !! Audi all the way !!:blackrs4:

Gotta say im totally Audi, although they did release some 330's that werent that quick, like a standard spec type.....again...unsure of the figures but im sure there were some poo ones

Yeah animal, just had a look on Parkers guide, some 0-60 6.3 and some 6.8.... all do 150+ i'd still fancy one in my S3 tho :) bring it !! on heeheehee

I thought BMW's just seem to get quicker with each model... my mate had a 330 on a 01 plate, and he couldn't catch me in my old A3 running 194 bhp, dont get me wrong, if it was on a run way and we both topped out then he would come sailing passed, but getting up to speed it was no quicker, and i know my remapped S3 would beat my old car. If you were talking about a new BMW then i would believe you, the new 335 is a stonker, the torque figures are blinding, some mags reckon it's as good as the M3... but thats enough of that because i'd have the audi equivalent of the Beemer anyway !! Audi all the way !!:blackrs4:

The currrent range is topped off by the 335i so I guess they didn;t need to try so hard with the 330!

and i have had a go at one of those 335i' in my broken S3:yahoo:, got bummed all the way after about 35-40

The E46 330i's are faster than an S3, it would be pretty close running against a remapped S3, which our Scott seems to like comparing with standard cars...

I'm a staunch Audi fan, have been since I was a nipper, but on the whole I'd say that BMW's engines are far superior to Audi's. I'd like to see Audi bring back a 5 pot twin turbo petrol engine again. The RS4 4.2 V8 is probably the only noteworthy engine to come out of Inglostadt in recent times. The 2.7T in the B5 S4 was magnificent, today's crop of engines are pretty run of the mill, but the new 3.0 bi-turbo in the new S4 sounds promising.

RX8 been, and gone..... thankyou very much:superman:..... seemed pretty quick aswell until we hit the top end and i was away:yahoo:

Fair point 'golf' but when your 'racing' people in todays worlds, most people dont no what a re-map is. I look at it like this, yes my cars mapped, and id of said 90% of cars ive had a do with was standard. I dont choose for them to be standard, the owner does.... You dont pull next to a car, lets say a 330 bmw and think to yourself, ooooh this cars probably standrad i better not race him because its not fair..... NO... you give it full revs, dump the cluth and have his pants down!!!!! lol. We choose to mod our cars because where passionate about what we do....

And spot on about the b5 s4. My mate ste had an noggy blue mrc mapped s4 before his rs4.. Only thing that let it down was the interior bein a tad dated but it dint half shift and make an awesome sound.... Think they deffo could of done summat beter with the b7 rs4 and the r8.... They should of put the new rs6 (twin turbo v10) in it!!!

If you are easily beating a 330 he is either not really trying or is a crap driver and shouldnt be trying.
Anyway enjoy your little tussles.

I never said im easily beating 330's. In fairness ive never really had a propper race with 1. Like my previous post, 1 cut me up, i overtook him and he backed off so dont really no how fast they are!!! Can imagine there not slow! lol.

spadcitroenc5.jpg

Tee Hee

Just out of curiousity!!!

330ci m sport

power = 231bhp
torque = 221 ib/ft
weight = 1505
0-60 = 6.5
max speed = 155

I no people disagree on stats etc... just though id bang em up to compare!!! Seems quick for a fairly heavy car... 200kg or less than an s3???

Stats dont look right (not that they really matter anyway)

should be 0-60 about 6.1

weight about 1400kg

Just to give another comparison...I regularly have a play with a work mate in my heavy old barge...him being in his 330i m sport, on a section of bypass near us there is a set of lights that we tend to try and get stopped at on the way home from work...you can go from 0-silly mph side by side and the two cars are never more than a cig paper ahead of oneanother...(my car is completely standard) also my car will be on the rear bumper of a remapped S3 around a track (castle combe & Jojo`s S3) so I would agree with the above that the 330i is roughly the same performance wise as a remapped S3...Judging from previous encounters. Dont understand why my car seems so nippy for a 3.2, others I have been in seem slow but I can assure you its defo standard-its a freak-lol.:sly::whistle2:

The thing your forgetting is rear wheel drive in the dry puts the power down alot better. We loose alot of power from the 4wd system unfortunately!

I know that buddy...just wanted to give another comparison?:icon_thumright:

Status
Not open for further replies.