EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    the only S3 in the villiage

Status

S3 2000 AMK Loss of power

hi guys was just wanting to pick your brains and get some ideas and reassurance on what this problem could be.
    On my S3 i seem to have lost all power through out the rev range and the car is stuttering quiet badly (sounds like its running on 3 cylinders) could this be the coil packs or the MAF ? is there any way i can check ?? Tried a few searches but all they tell me is that it could be a blown hose on one of the IC's
    Any help would be much appreciated as the missus is going nuts !!!

cheers
    j

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Im not a mechanic but this is what I've read off here... Take the MAF out and see how the car drives, if its the same is not the MAF and more likely the coilpacks as the coilpacks going can give you the same symptoms. There about 30 quid and easy to replace (apparently ;-))

Status
    I was hoping someone would say that !!!
    cheers dave hopefully someone will be along shortly to confirm !

Status
    Right then ive just pissed about with the MAF and the car runs the same (like a bag o ****e !) But a symbol has appeared on the dash. Its the same symbol you see when you turn off the ESP the car is now very lumpy at tickover and very noisey (rattles) the noise seems to go quieter if i depress the clutch ?? now the car has been sat for a little while it drives differently to how it first felt ???
    Anyone shed any light on this im getting a little worried now' ive just had the water pump, cambelt, tensioners and all the fluids replaced @ 500 pounds ! So this is the last thing i need.

Status
    BUMP

Status
    Anyone ??????????????????????????

Avvve it!

Status
    If its running like a bag of **** and a light is on (engine management probably) why dont you rn a diagnostic on it and see what fult code it brings up, I very much doubt its your MAF, maybe coil or even head gasket, losing any water?

Monkey Trainer

Status
    Sounds very much like a coilpack to me, get it on vagcom to find which it is.
    A3 1.8TQS: Supersport Springs and Shocks, Xenons, BMC Filter, 18" OEM TTV6's, Bailey DV, N75J and Phase 1 Custom Code.

3rd Gear

Status
    My coil pack packed up a couple of weeks ago, and you will know when it does engine management light is on and the car will only run on 3 cylinders.

Whip the engine cover off and take them out one at a time, starting the car in between, if it starts and runs the same it will be the coil you have in your hand, put a good coil where the dead one come from and start again to make sure it's the pack and not something else!

Status
    Cheers guys it was a coil pack on cylinder no. 2. no engine managment light on though ??? all swapped out and running sweet again.

cheers for the help guys