accidents happen..........

JayBeeS3

Reaction score
After posting on TSN earlier, I thought I'd post here to get even more sympathy...... I need some support now guys.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Heres the story.....:

Well after driving w/o damages to my car for some time now, it happened again...... some useless **** ( ) crashed into my car.....
he tried to overtake me when i was driving on the right side of the road and when i drove back to the middle of the road (i was doing 20kms/h in a pedestrian area) he crashed with his right front into my left door and wing....... (at a speed of approx 40/50 kms/h.....).
he said that he thought i was making a u-turn...... Apparently when another car was supposedly making a u-turn one shoud overtake and crash into the side of the other car......
Anyway I am well pi$$ed off because he had a withness and the driver and the policeofficer knew eachother from playing football.......
Will be a nice legal battle and time consuming repair.
The damage what I can see sofar:

Left door
Left rear wing
The door doesnt close anymore and the wing is bent quite deep and high (the rear window doesnt close properly anymore....

Luckily, the wheels are not hit so it looks like the bottomplate and stuff is not bent (also still drives in a straight line).

sorry to hear about that mate, hope you get it sorted ok

well i surely dont hope so......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
i checked the roof in reel life and it looks ok....

damn, sorry to hear what happened. Especially considering the "friendship". Good luck hope you get your baby back soon.

OUCH! is the word that comes to mind..........I feel sorry for you mate.

Latest update:

Estimated repair cost: EUR 5.000 - 6.000........

Estimated time until ready: about two weeks.

Parts needed:
Door
Rear wing
B-pillar (inside and out)
Thing at the bottom under the wing and the door (dunno the name).
Some other small bits and pieces
Total geometry check and wheel alignment

Currently driving a black VW Boring 1.6 and still negotiating to get an Audi (apparently the mobility warranty doesnt apply to accident damages)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

PS does anybody know the amount of horsepower in a 1.6 Boring?........... it feels like a whopping 75....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JayBeeS3 said:
PS does anybody know the amount of horsepower in a 1.6 Boring?........... it feels like a whopping 75....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a whopping 100bhp!!! Only a 160ish bhp loss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JayBeeS3 said:
well even my Twingo felt livelier............

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Hope you get it sorted soon mate!

[censored] Jereon!! I didn't expect that much damage after speaking to you on the phone, but at least it's all in process now.

Been in the workshop today and looked at my car....

Total left side was dismantled:
door was out
interior stripped
rear wing was cut out until halfway height of the window in the C-pillar
the skirts were removed
the B-pillar was removed (inside and outside)
front bumper was removed (no damage but they will paint the whole bumper because of stonechips).

took piccies and will post this evening when i get home

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[censored] Jereon!! I didn't expect that much damage after speaking to you on the phone, but at least it's all in process now.

[/ QUOTE ]

well nothing a bit of Scratch-X cant polish out........

[ QUOTE ]
Yak said:
JayBeeS3, yaiks. 6000e for repairs. I hope insurance pays that, and that you get it fixed soon. gl.

- Yak

[/ QUOTE ]

well the insurance will pay, no doubt about that. The question is, whos insurance? mine or from the guy who drove against me. ..... If my insurance ultimately pays for the damage (and cannot recover from other guys insurance), then my insurance will raise the premium i pay by about 50%..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jeeze, that is a sight that no man should ever seen, but still, it interesting in a twisted sort of way.

jaybeeS3, huh. Awful bonus system, and looking at the prices I've seen here, insurances sure aren't cheap in UK.

- Yak