AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Temperature gauge not working, bit of a problem

When i bought the car, my temperature gauge wasnt working. I was advised to change the coolant temp sensor, but it didnt fix it. I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem, or if anyone would know the solution.

Thanks
    GOODBYE --- A3 1.8 se silver, 18" shoes, debadged, lowered on konis, angel eyes.

HELLO --- 2003 A3, yellow, 2.0fsi, full leather, sat nav, multichanger, parking sensors

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    yes i had this problem too and still do! i have changed the sender and it got a bit better im now gonna change the thermostat as this also could be the problem...my journey continues.......

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply. Can you let me know how you get on with this, i really need to get it sorted.

Do you think it would make it use more petrol, as it always thinks the engine is cold?

Cheers
    GOODBYE --- A3 1.8 se silver, 18" shoes, debadged, lowered on konis, angel eyes.

HELLO --- 2003 A3, yellow, 2.0fsi, full leather, sat nav, multichanger, parking sensors

2nd Gear

Status
    Cookie from what I've read on here if you replace the temp sender and its still not working then its the thermostat.