Newbie & bose question

domburg

Reaction score
hey,

im new to this site as i only purchased my S3 on sunday and i am loving every second of it :racer:!!

the car has the Bose sub & amp fitted but i noticed that its not working. is this common and what is usually the problem??

i was going have a quick gander at the fuses but i couldn't seem to find the fuse box (pesky germans) :shrug:

anybody got any ideas ?

cheers, Dom

The fuse box is on the panel at the end of the dash, you need to open the drivers door to see it!

Thanks for the replys guys, im not sure, how will i know if its the HU ? the cd changer is working so is the radio, theres just know sound coming from the sub, all the wires seem to be plugged in at the sub end, do i need specil keys (audi jobby or will halfords ones work?) to take the radio out to check the plugs on the radio?

thanks, dom

So the HU is working, the cabin speakers are working, which means the Bose amp is working as all the speakers run off the seperate amp in the righthand cubbyhole. This means it isn't a HU problem, so no need to pull the HU.
The sub has its own amp inside the tupperware enclosure. You need to check it has permanent live going to it, and remote on 12v when the HU is switched on. If these connections are OK then most likely it is the sub amp. I've played around with a few of these and quite often it's just a dry solder joint or bad connection to/from the amp. Unfortunately it's a pig to get to as you need to remove the whole sub enclosure. Let me know if you want instructions on how to remove it.

cheers for that info, i shall set to and investigate when i have a spare half an hour of daylight, ill keep you posted.

thanks again, dom