Audi A3 Fuel Gauge

madmonzsta

Reaction score
When does your fuel reserve light come on ? Mine comes on as soon as it hits the 1st white line. I expected it to come on as it comes nearer to the red. Is this normal ? Mines an AudiA3 TDI 02 plate.

cheers

It just depends, as my a4 used to come on when it shows 30 miles left, i dont think it mattered where the needle was, however on my S3, it comes up just around the 1st white line mark, which seems about right....if that helps.

Mine seems to come on around the 40mile mark. Pretty much as it starts hitting the red line.

id expected it to come around the red line mark but it comes on the 1st white line. Mine doesnt have a computerised trip/fuel meter so I cant tell how many are left in my tank. Im sure mine used to come on when it got close to red but seems to be recently altered. Just wanted to hear everyone elses views whether this is standard or I av a faulty feul gauge.

Oh ok, sorry didnt know that, well in that case, keep an eye on it, as it maybe a faulty fuel sender, which is in the fuel tank, it may not be, but keep an eye on it, as it is a common fault...

my light comes on when the needle jus about touches the first white line