Just had the revo trial

Big_Al_A3

1st Gear 1st Audi \o/
Reaction score
Hey,
I had the revo trial done this weekend on my 1.8t a3 and loving it. It's not been on the rolling road but the performance difference is very noticable all through the revs and after having this done im pretty certian im going to get the full job done. I had a couple of questions before parting with my hard earned cash that hopefully you can fill me in on!
The garage that fitted the revo suggested if I do go for the real thing to replace my diverter valve with a metal one, pointing out the plastic one I currently have under the hood as the stock one i have currently fitted is prone to breaking due to poor design especially after a remap is this generally true or something that should only be replaced if the old one properley breaks.
Since having the trial done on friday i've also been reccomended to look at a remap done by performance torque which is considerably cheaper but they only claim to give a +42 bhp boost whilst the revo claims to be +57 has anyone been able to compare the difference with the revo remap and the performance torque one? I have been told that there's unlikely to be any difference but i would rather hear from someone who's compared the 2 before.
Cheers

My mate has had an APR remap on his Leon for two years and the standard recirculating dump valve with no problems but he has been warned that he should change it for an uprated one but he just said he will change it when it goes. Unless you are talking about something else as you say diverter valve, is that the other thingy majig!? :rolleyes:

I would stick to reputable brand re remapping

Standard diverter valves (recirculating dump valve) DO **** up when running more boost cos they are plastic and blow apart - so they're right to recommend that you change it for a solid one, i.e. forge fp007. Dont change it for a vent to air dump valve as you will **** up your mass airflow meter. I had a revo remap about 5 weeks ago on my S3 and havent changed mine yet but I will do when it breaks:haha:

i would recomend changing it for the above 007p seems to be the one everyone talking about. iv got it on mine.

Make sure the garage who do you remap get the car out on the road and measure correction factors your ECU is pulling whilst under load in 4th Gear, this will mean they have set the timming acurately for your specific car. Should be seeing no more than 4 on average throughout the rev range, this will ensure a hard pull through the whole rev range and very smooth power delivery.

im seriously thinking bout this revo trial jobby...... how long does it take to program.... and how long is it on for.... thing is, ive heard a few stories where the ECU has to be sent off to Audi to be reprogrammed?

dont know how long it takes as my car had it on already but would def recoment the revo. if u love the power surge revo's the one for u mate. as for the reprogramming after the trial im not sure about

Cheers for the tips guys, from what I understand from people ive spoken to the p-torque remap is cheaper but doesn't boast as big hp gain as the revo but it should be a much smoother power curve and the torque is much the same (and i can get the DV with what i save and even someway towards a decent induction kit) :D

Torque is the figure you want to look at bhp is just pub chat... means nothing if there isnt the torque to back it up!

Having been used to my Impreza I love the way the revo remap makes my car drive.........need a bigger blower now though cos the K04 is too wheezie and runs out of steam too early!!!!:gun2:

Have kept the standard DV on mine with no probs and none of the hassle that seems to come along regularly on these boards from uprated ones. Just treat it as a service item and change every 12/18months (less than £20).