Chris NottSky Insurance
    S3 amd map,coilovers,upgraded heldex,lcr spliter..

Status

brembo with r32 disc's

i have just bought some gt/seat brembo calipers and was wondering if i could run mk4 r32 disc's with them. im thinking all i will have to do is get some carriers made up, will the disc sit on the same offset?
    and would a 334mm disc be much better than the 323mm set up?
    Last edited by Starry; 13th March 2008 at 17:55.

2. # ADS
    ADS

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    The discs wont fit starry. R32 discs are 334 x 32mm where as the seat discs are 323 x 28mm, the calipers arent wide enough. Ive been round in circles with this as Ive worked out that you can fit Evo 5/6/7/8 front calipers with adapter brackets using 323 x 28mm discs OR 334 x 32mm (original Evo disc is 320 x 28mm). If you use the 3.2tt/R32 discs you need to run Porsche calipers.
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Audiless

Status
    ive got the porsche gt3 callipers with r32 disks..... absolutely spot on mate... worth there money in gold

More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Status
    Problem Ive found with the Porche setups is that the standard S3 Master Cylinder is ****! Doesnt seem upto the job of working the calipers to their potential

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_johnson View Post
    ive got the porsche gt3 callipers with r32 disks..... absolutely spot on mate... worth there money in gold
    Indeed, and I have just the set for sale!

http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/sh...ct/1485/cat/12

Kit comes with a single set of disks btw.
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

Clicky Here!

S3 amd map,coilovers,upgraded heldex,lcr spliter..

Status
    ok guys thanks for the info.
    looks like its 323mm for me....

Brum brum

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by grathies View Post
    Problem Ive found with the Porche setups is that the standard S3 Master Cylinder is ****! Doesnt seem upto the job of working the calipers to their potential
    Spot on - too much fluid volume in the Porsche calipers compared to the standard S3 master cylinder means you have to press the pedal a lot further.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356 View Post
    Spot on - too much fluid volume in the Porsche calipers compared to the standard S3 master cylinder means you have to press the pedal a lot further.
    Not necessarily, with this setup I had a better pedal, with less travel than the R32 calipers.

These were, without doubt, the best brakes I've ever had on the Golf/A3 platform.

It's not about fluid volume, it's about fluid displacement and the general rule of thumb is that if you stick to roughly the same overall combined piston diameter as the OEM setup then you aren't going to see excessive pedal travel.

Everytime I've tried and changed different setups it's always taken 2 or 3 careful bleeding sessions to get a firm pedal, both R32 setups I had were notoriously difficult to get spot on, for some reason.
    Last edited by Stewart; 14th March 2008 at 01:27.
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

Clicky Here!