quattro tdi or old s3

peteA3tdi

Reaction score
had a S3 in work today took it for a spin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif what a car ,now i can't make my mind up wait for the new TDI quattro or get a old 2002/2003 S3 what do you think??

S3 ne day of the week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TDI Quattro Chipped.

Look at superchips remap...7 Secs..

Gives the S3 a run for its money

[ QUOTE ]
DaveA3Turbo said:
TDI Quattro Chipped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not When the S3 has been chipped!!!

[ QUOTE ]
DaveA3Turbo said:
TDI Quattro Chipped.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a supposedly standard A3 TDI Quattro from the Audi approved system which later found out it had been remapped AMD style!!
Ive been frantically trying to search for the 4x4 rolling road place in stockton (mentioned somewhere else on this site)with no luck at all.
The reason is my car does 0-60 in a quicker time than superchips claimed beauty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif(not stating figures as don't want to be laughed at)
I'm just worried for insurance purposes as i've just declared a remap only /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Seriously what else could/has been done to the car to gain such an increase from standard?
I know its not the turbo as that got replaced 4k miles ago and power is identical /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

...........Back on topic.....I've only experienced the TDI Quattro and can't speak of it highly enough (wolf in sheeps clothing)...
FOR:- Decent looks, performance (chipped) excellent MPG (39-44)
AGAINST:- Engine noise (sounds like a tractor with a turbo)as opposed to the lovely sounding S3.

Your choice mate at the end of the day
Danny

[ QUOTE ]
Alonzo said:
[ QUOTE ]
DaveA3Turbo said:
TDI Quattro Chipped.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a supposedly standard A3 TDI Quattro from the Audi approved system which later found out it had been remapped AMD style!!
Ive been frantically trying to search for the 4x4 rolling road place in stockton (mentioned somewhere else on this site)with no luck at all.
The reason is my car does 0-60 in a quicker time than superchips claimed beauty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif(not stating figures as don't want to be laughed at)
I'm just worried for insurance purposes as i've just declared a remap only /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Seriously what else could/has been done to the car to gain such an increase from standard?
I know its not the turbo as that got replaced 4k miles ago and power is identical /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

...........Back on topic.....I've only experienced the TDI Quattro and can't speak of it highly enough (wolf in sheeps clothing)...
AGAINST:- Engine noise (sounds like a tractor with a turbo)as opposed to the lovely sounding S3.

Danny

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a PD engine, you cn get around 180bhp and 330lb/ft of torque from one of those.. Pretty damn good really!

Rich

That is a difficult choice IMO.

However since i have had my S3 i can honestly say that every time i drive it...regardless of what MPG i get....it always makes me grin from ear to ear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Let us know what you get dude...cheers

peteTDI, get the TDI Quattro. It's better looking, it's better to drive, well.. what else is there you need?

Of course S3 has some more power, but it looks dum and old. TDI Quattro is something I would chose (and maybe I'll even change, once I know the price). I personally would never chose the old A3, instead I would take the BMW Compact.

- Yak

[ QUOTE ]
Yak said:
Of course S3 has some more power, but it looks dum and old.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny that, I actually think the design has regressed somewhat. The new A3 dosen't really challenge any design borders, more builds on the experience of the past.

S3 for me. (im on my second)

and keep the Beamer. i hate the squashed look of the compact.

if u are searching for ultimate speed, then I guess its the S3.

I will say that because i have one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif hehe

TDI is a monster (PD version). I visited AmD and they have a hybrid Tdi 230hp and god knows how many LB FT of torque. If Wando is around, he will tell you how good that thing is! (oh yeh its a Mk4 golf Tdi though)

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Alonzo said:
[ QUOTE ]
DaveA3Turbo said:
TDI Quattro Chipped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a PD engine, you cn get around 180bhp and 330lb/ft of torque from one of those.. Pretty damn good really!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for my inexperience (only owned an Audi for 6 months) but what do you mean by PD engine as opposed to any other TDI Quattro engine? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Isn't the PD engine out of the Golfs? (GT-PD150 etc)
So if so, Golfs aside...what other modifications could of been done to gain such an improvement over the average remapped performance figures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
So basically this cant be doing my clutch etc any good in the long run /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif
If anyone can help i'd be very greatful
Thanks
Danny

[ QUOTE ]
Alonzo said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Alonzo said:
[ QUOTE ]
DaveA3Turbo said:
TDI Quattro Chipped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for my inexperience (only owned an Audi for 6 months) but what do you mean by PD engine as opposed to any other TDI Quattro engine? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Isn't the PD engine out of the Golfs? (GT-PD150 etc)
So if so, Golfs aside...what other modifications could of been done to gain such an improvement over the average remapped performance figures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
So basically this cant be doing my clutch etc any good in the long run /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif
If anyone can help i'd be very greatful
Thanks
Danny

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

went out today to look at S3's thinking just looking NOT bying, i see a ming blue mint condition under 6k miles 2003 well i could not get the deposit out any faster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif got a good price old car and a small bit of cash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif can't wait(it's having a 900 point check) thank's for all the input you have been a great help guys as i may sell it when the TDI quattro come's out(as if!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said: as i may sell it when the TDI quattro come's out(as if!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

TRAITOR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif no just kidding mate...Keep us posted on your new toy when it arrives.

Congrats mate and welcome to the S3 owning exprience. Any pics?

when i pick it up next tues and have finished playing(that will be about thursday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) will post some pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif