Aero wipers, which ones

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
I have had fitted the aero blades to my standard front wiper arms.... although seem to remember seeing someones car off here with different arms...also the back arm was different and seemed more 'slick' than the standard one..... i presume they are standard 8P arms used but need confirmation, also, is the rear a complete replace due to the fact that the water jet is integrated?

I have bosch ones from ebay and they are excellent. perfect fit and very easy installation. Paid £21 delivered for mine

cheers CLach, the firm doesnt supply the arms (from what i can see)which is what im after..... i already have the aero blades fitted to my current arms..... was looking at the newer shape arms bcos they looked better from memory...also the back arm looked loads better with it being enclosed

I remember reading somewhere that there are some issues with the wipers not making full contact with the windscreen when you fit the arms. I am sure it was only certain types of arms, but Vagparts are very helpful and might be worth calling about this

the aero wiper on 8L arms, the wiper actually misses the tax disc part of the windscreen which is something i can live with.... will call them when i get 5, cheers clach

Vagparts £88 for 2 fronts / arms + rear wiper + arm...... looks the nuts. Best mod imo. Fits 100%

I got mine from VAGparts, they work well, but get a bit of judder from the back unless its really wet

I have Valeo Silencio X.TRM or something on mine. Think they were around £25 for the front set.

Seem to work ok, can't say the are really and different to standard ones. I only bought flat blade ones as they looked funky and my old ones needed replacing.

cheers Scott...... i think some people are getting mixed up with what im after....i have the aero blades.... they just look **** with standard wiper arms IMO.....stand up too much.....

Scott are these direct fits for an 8P...... was thinking i might aswel go for a breaker jobby.... nobody ever wants wipers .... not averse to paying £88 just think £50 saved is better in my pocket than the next

for the rear try a 02 polo arm with a touran blade, never a better combo....

always gets a giggle when i go to the VW dealer and order front blades for a polo, a rear blade for a touran for my S3! :)